Sponsored

That Stangmode guy ran an S650 A10 in the 1/4 mile - either car is slow or he cant drive

wattman1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
RT has no effect on ET. But as a drag racer you should know that.
of course I KNOW that. I was refuting WDPro’s comment re:StangMode “knowing” how to get a car down the track.

IMHO 3.3 RT doesn’t scream “proficiency” to me. Seems he was asleep at the wheel, thus not a great driver.

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
of course I KNOW that. I was refuting WDPro’s comment re:StangMode “knowing” how to get a car down the track.

IMHO 3.3 RT doesn’t scream “proficiency” to me. Seems he was asleep at the wheel, thus not a great driver.
Actually what he was probably doing was trying to hit a launch RPM target. I sit on the line at times for an extra second making sure the car is right where I want it to be when I make the hit. Sleeping at the tree could be, but I doubt it.

Sponsored

wattman1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Actually what he was probably doing was trying to hit a launch RPM target. I sit on the line at times for an extra second making sure the car is right where I want it to be when I make the hit. Sleeping at the tree could be, but I doubt it.
Roger. Good point. I didn’t really consider that.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to guess he has made more passes down the 1/4 than just a few people on this forum.

Love him or hate him but I don’t doubt his abilities.
Yes, I knew I would get criticised for my comment but taking emotion and personality out of it, he’s defo got a lot of seat time at the strip :like:

Don’t forget he’s also a huge mustang fan and wants it to do well - it’s not like he’s a Chevy or Mopar guy trying to shit on the new stang.

WD :like:

Jasonb543

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
His pass isn’t the end all be all. But it’s a nice starting point.
They only get faster from here.

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If you want to see the hero pass for each new mustang that comes out, you have to wait until Evan Smith does it. Hes the 1/4 mile mustang whisperer.

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/1712-running-11s-with-a-factory-stock-2018-mustang-gt/

With the session ending, we dropped tire pressure to 26 psi and hopped in the Kona Blue GT. We fired the 5.0L, selected Drag Mode, turned off TC and did a short and sweet burnout. Cylinder head temp was showing 160 on the gauge after the burnout (about 20 degrees lower than the previous runs); we didn't want to build heat so we staged, powerbraked to 2,000 rpm, and cut it loose immediately.

The Mustang dead hooked and shot from the gate with fury and purpose. The Mustang produced a 1.881 sixty-foot and it was flat-out ripping, snapping off gears like a sport bike. There's action all the way down the track with the ten-speed, and we were enjoying the ride. We steered as little as possible, so as to cause minimal drag and we pushed the throttle to the mat. Finally, it crossed the line and the board flashed the results—11.835 at a staggering 119.51 mph. Yes, mission complete.

Sponsored

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Stangmode’s time slip.

1693658599667.jpeg
Until he gets his 60' times at least a couple of ticks below 2 seconds, especially with drag radials, the car will never reach its full potential.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I refuse to give that guy any views/clicks.

As many times as he’s blown up his GT500 (and someone else’s GT350), I think he doesn’t know as much as he leads folks to believe
I agree. Just hearing his voice makes my skin crawl. :) Definitely rather watch Bill from CJ or Landon from LMR...

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
For those who are wondering, this is probably whats keeping the newer cars down off the line. This is a table that was new for 22 in the GT's tune. Its called Dual Foot and its under trans tq management. And the higher you try to brake tq up the RPMs, the more the tq management takes away power. You need to put all the values in this table to 1,511 to take that out. My sixties went from 1.9x to 1.69 best by changing this table. The car felt like a slug even bringing it up to 1700-2000rpm on launch. This was why... Not sure when tuning will be available for the 24, but I bet this table is still there now and its going to be a problem. So for stock, you are best off not bringing the RPMs up over the 1400ish limit, or the car is going to tq manage you into a slower time.

1693676500558.png
Sponsored