*Test Fitted* Track wheels came in....Apex 18x10 +43mm, only 22.1 lbs

OP
OP

DoingOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium, Recaros & PP
let us know how they perform. i am thinking about getting s-04 pole positions in 285/35r19. great reviews and best price!
I've used Pole Positions in the past and they are an excellent tire......especially for the price. My first choice is usually Michelin Super Sports (had them on a Z06, STi and CTS-V) but they are back ordered and are MUCH more expensive. The Pole Positions are ranked #3 out of 29 Max Performance Summer tires tested by Tire Rack. The Super Sport was #1. I prefer the sharper turn-in (shoulder pattern) of the Pole Position since they seem to not get blistered as much as the SS.

Super Sports are ~$335 each and Pole Positions are ~$194 each.
Sponsored

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
I've used Pole Positions in the past and they are an excellent tire......especially for the price. My first choice is usually Michelin Super Sports (had them on a Z06, STi and CTS-V) but they are back ordered and are MUCH more expensive. The Pole Positions are ranked #3 out of 29 Max Performance Summer tires tested by Tire Rack. The Super Sport was #1. I prefer the sharper turn-in (shoulder pattern) of the Pole Position since they seem to not get blistered as much as the SS.

Super Sports are ~$335 each and Pole Positions are ~$194 each.
Oh I know, they are very highly rated. Heres a list of both MAX and EXTREME summer tires in the size (285/35r19) i am considering. Cannot beat that value!!

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I agree, the Bridgestone Potenza S04 is very well reviewed. But there are a few factors you guys may be overlooking when comparing to the MPSS.

1. Tread wear rating. The MPSS is rated at 300 while the Bridgetone is at 280.
2. Weight. A 285/35R18 Potenza S04 weighs 32 lbs while the same size MPSS weighs 28 lbs. This is 4 lbs at the outer edge of the wheel assembly, which negatively affects your moment of inertia the most (I=mr^2).

Price for perfomance, the Bridgestones are still a better value. I just wanted to chime in with those two factors.

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, the Bridgestone Potenza S04 is very well reviewed. But there are a few factors you guys may be overlooking when comparing to the MPSS.

1. Tread wear rating. The MPSS is rated at 300 while the Bridgetone is at 280.
2. Weight. A 285/35R18 Potenza S04 weighs 32 lbs while the same size MPSS weighs 28 lbs. This is 4 lbs at the outer edge of the wheel assembly, which negatively affects your moment of inertia the most (I=mr^2).

Price for perfomance, the Bridgestones are still a better value. I just wanted to chime in with those two factors.
yes, the weight on these tires have concerned me. the 285/35r19 s04 weigh 33lbs, while the re11 weight 31lbs mpss weigh 28lbs and continential dw weigh 27lbs.

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I haven't weighed the hoosiers yet, but they are supposed to be around 23lbs. Hoosiers are known to be significantly wider than most tires. With that being said, I think they will require around a 10mm spacer in the front. I'll know more this weekend (and better pictures). It's a pretty meaty sidewall, but the outer diameter is 27.2 compared to the 27.7 rear OD of stock.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Subbing....I want to get a set of track dedicated 18's. I believe Apex will be the choice.

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Sorry gents. I've been neck deep with work, trying to finish house renovations, and get ready for this baby coming in 2 weeks! I did get new T5 HO lights hung in the upstairs and basement garage though so pictures should be better!

Moving the Mustang down to the basement garage as soon as I can get everything organized a little better down there (I'm hoping tomorrow). I did prep the shelf tonight though!

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
You're missing a wheel haha this ain't no drift trike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

APEX Race Parts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 would be nice!
Sorry if this was already asked: Are you going to do 19's?
Hey Pablo, we are considering bringing 19" to the market!
We will post some concepts, and get feedback from the community in the spring. For now, the tire cost and availability for track days make an 18" choice for all the non GT350 owners something many are after. Being that we are a track wheel company first and foremost, 18s are the logical starting point.

I wish these guys made some 17s, I need drag wheels.
It's 100% within our capability, but we haven't got more than a few emails for drag wheels before. Most guys end up going with WELD wheels or something similar- a set of our 17" wheels setup for drag sizes would be about $500 for a pair, however we would have to have dozens of people committed to put that into production.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Liking these wheels. DoinOK, I have a silver GT PP as well. Deciding whether the satin black or anthracite looks better on silver. 11lbs per corner is definitely awesome!

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I finally ordered my extended wheel studs and spacers from cortex today. I put my aFe/pfadt coilovers and sway bars on last weekend. I'll have pictures with the 295s in the not too distant future.
Sponsored