Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Cat back hardware.....nope. Your exhaust system portion of the warranty won't be effective anymore though.
Sponsored

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
Bought it, didn't fit ( they corrected now). Took weeks to get a response (sent the wheel hop kit in exchange). Id stick with lethal for the resonator or race pipes(unless u want custom)

Lethal has been phenomenal to deal with.
V00D00; NO they didn't, it's still 2.5" NOT 3"!!!

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
V00D00; NO they didn't, it's still 2.5" NOT 3"!!!
You are confusing me now. IIRC, gt350 is 2.5 and gt500 is 2.75. They originally sent me 2.5

3" is for aftermarket exhausts

Stick with lethal, they've been very good to me, and im.sure good to everyone else

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
You are confusing me now. IIRC, gt350 is 2.5 and gt500 is 2.75. They originally sent me 2.5

3" is for aftermarket exhausts

Stick with lethal, they've been very good to me, and im.sure good to everyone else
I know it's 2.75", but Lethal lits it as 3"!!! I have one coming!!!

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
After installing the resonator delete, I put almost 100mi on the car and parked it in the garage. The next day I was going to put the car back on the lift and noticed a bunch of water approximately where the clamps are located on the exhaust.

Anyone who has done the resonator delete, have you noticed water under the car?

Could this be coming from the cats and leaking between the clamps?

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's condensate that weeps throgh the slits in the end of the resonator delete tube. I noticed it too but have no exhaust sound leaking from there.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Interesting. My non-expert logic tells me that the dripping is a good thing as it removes water from the system and I would imagine, reduces pipe oxidation. Seems better to eliminate it early before it gets condensed further down the "pike." Do the "slits" serve any other purpose?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They allow easier installation and "crush" to close things up when tightening the supplied clamps. And I agree with you about it allowing condensate to escape instead of pooling - as long as fumes aren't escaping. Just a few feet back the factory system drips condensate near the mufflers as well - quite a bit of it in cooler weather and only for a few minutes. Then it stops.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Just a few feet back the factory system drips condensate near the mufflers as well - quite a bit of it in cooler weather and only for a few minutes. Then it stops.
I noticed the water coming from the mufflers and exhaust tips before the delete and assumed itā€™s water vapor created by the cats, which is normal.

However it was quite a bit of water and think that much moisture was being trapped in the resonators. That canā€™t be good.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You get vapor/condensate in the system whether you have cats or not. You're right, it is completely normal. And the resonators are 409 stainless and are seemingly unaffected by it. I've yet to see resonators removed from a GT350 that had more than a normal amount of corrosion and the GT500 uses the exact same resonators as the GT350.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Thanks for that, Tob, I was thinking about where a good place or places would be to drill. :-)

But then, we've all dealt with water vapor in our vehicles for as long as we've been driving since H TWO OH is a byproduct of ICE's. <smile>

I'll stop worrying. <chuckling>

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
However the exhaust is connected the the engine and the internals arenā€™t rust resistant just think all that water vapor is going up into the engine.

I havenā€™t noticed any water dripping from the exhaust in my 00R and it doesnā€™t have cats (off road use only).

I guess maybe the cats can block some of that moisture from going into the motor.

After purchasing a new house with a pool I stored the chlorine in the garage. I noticed some tools and other steel items starting to rust. This couldnā€™t have been more than 4 or so months. That was the main reason I got a pool service to clean and upkeep the pool. Plus I sucked at cleaning the pool. Remember Iā€™m talking about houston TX where 70% humidity is considered low humidity.

Yes chlorine is very corrosive however water is too. And you can see the results on my open wheel trailer thatā€™s 12 years old.

I canā€™t imagine what might have happened to my 03 cobra had I continued to store the chlorine in the garage.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
I know it's 2.75", but Lethal lits it as 3"!!! I have one coming!!!
Our resonator delete pipe is 3" but with 2.75" connections at the front and rear so it adapts to the factory exhaust.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Installed this resonator delete x-pipe last night. It was very easy to install and I did not use a saber saw. I used a hand exhaust tubing cutter which worked very fast. Filed down the edges and everything fit perfect. Only issue is you need to support your exhaust tips in the position you want them when tightening the rear clamps on the x-pipe otherwise they will not be correct. Had to work with it a bit to get them to match. This mod took much less time than the front splitter I installed just before it which was a real pain to do. I didn't want the dealer to touch my car so picked it up as it was when it came off the delivery truck.

The sound is really nice. Basically just a little more throaty and pretty much the same while cursing around but when you get on it it is louder and no drone that I can tell.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Installed this resonator delete x-pipe last night. It was very easy to install and I did not use a saber saw. I used a hand exhaust tubing cutter which worked very fast. Filed down the edges and everything fit perfect. Only issue is you need to support your exhaust tips in the position you want them when tightening the rear clamps on the x-pipe otherwise they will not be correct. Had to work with it a bit to get them to match. This mod took much less time than the front splitter I installed just before it which was a real pain to do. I didn't want the dealer to touch my car so picked it up as it was when it came off the delivery truck.

The sound is really nice. Basically just a little more throaty and pretty much the same while cursing around but when you get on it it is louder and no drone that I can tell.
Thanks for the feedback. Glad you're satisfied with the product and how the car sounds!
Sponsored