Sponsored

Talk about good luck

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
I’ve been seeing a white 2020 gt500 parked not too far from my house lately. The person that lives there seems to be a car guy based on what I’ve seen parked there through out the last year or so, although I’ve never stopped to talk to him.
I see over the weekend that he is out by the car so I stopped by to chat a little bit. As it turns out..... HE WON THE CAR!!!!
Filled out one of those sweepstakes deals and got the call that he won. He’s not sure if he’s keeping it or not. Pretty lucky I’d say.
Sponsored

jpro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I’ve been seeing a white 2020 gt500 parked not too far from my house lately. The person that lives there seems to be a car guy based on what I’ve seen parked there through out the last year or so, although I’ve never stopped to talk to him.
I see over the weekend that he is out by the car so I stopped by to chat a little bit. As it turns out..... HE WON THE CAR!!!!
Filled out one of those sweepstakes deals and got the call that he won. He’s not sure if he’s keeping it or not. Pretty lucky I’d say.
Stangmode gave away a 2020 GT500. Was it this car?

OP
OP

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
We talked for a bit and I joked that it would make a great down payment on a house. Lol

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
He had a bit of a weird reaction the whole video...

either way he told you he’s not sure he’s keeping it?

who did the sweepstakes giveaway anyhow?

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hey, he has paid the taxes. I can imagine the car insurance for what looks to be an under 20 year old, has to be expensive. Genuine reaction and I congratulate him for winning. I'm still wondering how that guy fit in the back seat :)

Last edited:

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hey, he has paid the taxes. I can imagine the car insurance for what looks to be an under 20 year old, has to be expensive. Genuine reaction and I congratulate him for winning. I'm still wondering how that guy fit in the back seat :)
yeah saw that too... wouldn’t liked that at all!

jpro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
He had a bit of a weird reaction the whole video...

either way he told you he’s not sure he’s keeping it?

who did the sweepstakes giveaway anyhow?
Stangmode (dude with a new GT500 and an 18 Coyote that runs mid 9's). He is a YouTuber but has a real job too. He's likable but he also has videos full of mindless babbling. His next giveaway is a tastefully modded 2016 GT350 with a consolation prize of a New Edge GT that has full Steeda suspension. You have to buy merch from his site to enter. Every $10 you spend gets you an entry into the drawing.

There was a company that was the "official" sweepstakes giveaway sponsor but I don't remember who it was. It was named in the video but Stangmode kept the car at his house and drove it, made vids of it, etc. until the drawing.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Stangmode (dude with a new GT500 and an 18 Coyote that runs mid 9's). He is a YouTuber but has a real job too. He's likable but he also has videos full of mindless babbling. His next giveaway is a tastefully modded 2016 GT350 with a consolation prize of a New Edge GT that has full Steeda suspension. You have to buy merch from his site to enter. Every $10 you spend gets you an entry into the drawing.

There was a company that was the "official" sweepstakes giveaway sponsor but I don't remember who it was. It was named in the video but Stangmode kept the car at his house and drove it, made vids of it, etc. until the drawing.
maybe I need to start buying merch then!

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I'm wondering what the taxes came to for it? My guess is a bit north of $30k.

That was a big guy in the back. He must be quite the contortionist.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Good for the young man. Thrilled to see a young enthusiast get an opportunity at what many would consider a grail car. And he gets to have it in his youth and make sore memories. Cool contests by Stang

I'm wondering what the taxes came to for it? My guess is a bit north of $30k.

That was a big guy in the back. He must be quite the contortionist.
30k No way. I might be missing a few fees but I know this much, WI State tax on a car is 5.6%. The states DMV title fee is $164.50. Annual registration fee is $85.

jpro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
maybe I need to start buying merch then!
Ehhhh. I tend to not buy merch from Youtubers...seems dumb. However, he has some pretty nice t-shirts on his site.

Nice that a 'real' person won.

Stangmode gets on my nerves. Just my opinion.
I can definitely see that. I do like watching him go to Atco and run that 18 GT though. He isn't the worst Youtuber in the world. I tend to fast forward through the videos until I reach the races or somebody wrenching on the car, then I stop and watch. LOL

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
30k No way. I might be missing a few fees but I know this much, WI State tax on a car is 5.6%. The states DMV title fee is $164.50. Annual registration fee is $85.
Federal income tax on contest prizes with a value over $5000 are subject to a 30% tax. That's got to be a $90k car. That's going to put the federal governments share at $30k minimum. I'm sure his state wants some too. I doubt that sales tax applies but don't know for sure. Yearly fees are chump change. Insurance for a 20 something on that car is probably mind boggling.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Federal income tax on contest prizes with a value over $5000 are subject to a 30% tax. That's got to be a $90k car. That's going to put the federal governments share at $30k minimum. I'm sure his state wants some too. I doubt that sales tax applies but don't know for sure. Yearly fees are chump change. Insurance for a 20 something on that car is probably mind boggling.
Holy Taxman Batman. Hopefully they figured out a way to transfer the car with the lowest possible tax implications.

https://www.thebalanceeveryday.com/winning-car-affordable-taxes-897042
Sponsored