Sponsored

5.2 L V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
I watched a video on this recall. You can pull it up on YouTube by the recall number. Looks horrible. They have to completely remove the dash, much like the evap core replacement. I mean, they pull EVERYTHING out. Totally ridiculous. So, seeking more info, I called Ford, read them my VIN and confirmed that the car IS NOT part of that particular recall. Not sure if they actually know, but the guy said my VIN is clean at this time. Makes me wonder though. I will say that if anyones evap core is showing signs of failure AND you are part of the passenger bag recall, THAT would be the time to do it. I just think Ford engineers need to do a far better job designing / providing access to perishable parts. I mean cmon! Removing the entire dash for an airbag that must be replaced in 10 years? Out of warranty replacement is going to be expensive.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I checked my car on Ford's website and I am not part of this recall

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Sponsored

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' , premium ,10 speed, Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The airbag recall has affected many other brands and their models. They are replacing them as fast as they can, but there are millions and millions of cars being recalled, and that just takes time. That's reality. If you want to throw a fit and leave a brand for something that's out of Ford's control, by all means do so.
That's very cute ... Calling me having a fit... But if you look at the recall for the tokata airbags it tells you "death can occur" .... That to me says give me a rental car or fix it... Anything that says "death can occur" to any occupant in any car, including children, tells me you're obligated to give out a rental car. If you see that as some kind of hissy fit go to hell !

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
All Ford is indicating on their website is they have not issued a recall for our cars, which is their responsibility and how they prioritize how they will address they issue . The GT350's still have the target Takata airbag components according to the recall website.

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
Great - that's about the same time frame of mine #1169. Guess I need to check it out.

Well maybe not - is that 6/17/2016 or June 2017.
June 2017, I don't know the exact build date. I've not received a notice from Ford to schedule an appointment.

I hate the thought that they pull the whole dash. The chances of rattles or malfunctioning parts goes way up when the dash is removed.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Build dates are 7/20/17-8/1/17

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Just got the recall completed Friday on my 006 Fusion. No problems...no difference in appearance.

CVCashmere
Sponsored