Tail Light Left Problem

munteanudavid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Munteanu
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG 2.3 ECOBOOST 2015
Hello! My is an 2.3ecoboost usa. I noticed that the light bulb hadn't worked for a few days. I saw that it also has moisture inside.
Does anyone know how to solve the problem? Tail light is "unibody"

38A08A5B-E380-49F5-8552-FEEB3D75CF15.jpeg
Sponsored

DansFLHTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I had a similar problem with my 2016 GT which we purchased this past August. I didnt notice any moisture in it,but the outer most segment in the passenger side like stopped functioning causing the interior dash signal indicator to flash fast. I removed the tail light and noticed the rubber grommet that the wires feed through on the back of the light wasnt seated properly...allowing water/moisture ingress. No amount of drying with a hair dryer or heat gun fixed the problem. I ended up buying a used light from the scrap yard.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hello! My is an 2.3ecoboost usa. I noticed that the light bulb hadn't worked for a few days. I saw that it also has moisture inside.
Does anyone know how to solve the problem? Tail light is "unibody"

38A08A5B-E380-49F5-8552-FEEB3D75CF15.jpeg
The S550 tails are LEDs w/circuit boards, no bulbs. There is also an internal board and external BCM.

—

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/tail-light-out-then-back-on.101551/page-2

If the info in that above thread isn’t helpful regarding resetting the BCM or replacing it, then a new taillight is the only other option.

Tails can be found on eBay or the classifieds on here for decent prices. Do not pay Ford retail prices that are upwards of $700+ for a single taillight assembly.

OP
OP
munteanudavid

munteanudavid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Munteanu
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG 2.3 ECOBOOST 2015
The S550 tails are LEDs w/circuit boards, no bulbs. There is also an internal board and external BCM.

—

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/tail-light-out-then-back-on.101551/page-2

If the info in that above thread isn’t helpful regarding resetting the BCM or replacing it, then a new taillight is the only other option.

Tails can be found on eBay or the classifieds on here for decent prices. Do not pay Ford retail prices that are upwards of $700+ for a single taillight assembly.
I will replace with OE part but i think i prefer white tail from EU
Sponsored