vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
Really?

This is the way we know american (or other nationalities) actors. For us, this is the voice of Eddie Murphy! Just a quick note: it's the same dubber (the great Tonino Accolla) that also played Homer Simpson for 23 seasons. When he unfortunately died :( in 2013, The Simpsons had a major drop in popularity!

Voice recognition works pretty weel, even recognizing english names I tried to read in english with italian accent :D
this is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo weird!!!! LOL

he says so much words when he moves his lips so less xD holy banana.... lololol
Sponsored

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Well I managed to update to 3.8... the system said 3.7 when done (!!!) but the info screen says 3.8. Apparently it had 3.6 before I did this... so tomorrow I'll take it out again (YAY!) and test the navigation ...

Oh and [MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION] ... like I needed a reason to drive around for 30 minutes :D

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Well I managed to update to 3.8... the system said 3.7 when done (!!!) but the info screen says 3.8. Apparently it had 3.6 before I did this... so tomorrow I'll take it out again (YAY!) and test the navigation ...

Oh and [MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION] ... like I needed a reason to drive around for 30 minutes :D
:cheers: Just for curiosity, how much the fuel costs in Norway?

FinMus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
Back to subject. I did install the update as well, no problems with the install. Funny that you have to have the car running all the time, there must be a way to keep the SYNC alive for 30 minutes without the car running! Anyhow, I did the upgrade while driving (it is illegal to idle car 30 minutes in Finland).

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Fuel is about 14 kr/l now... Not too bad, especially compared to the € since our kroner is rather devalued.

So the navigation is still just wonky after update and master reset. It simply can't say the correct distances... She said 'in 20m, 900 meters turn right' while the screen showed 350m... Even when I switched to miles she kept telling me 20 meters and stuff!

Anyone that would care to turn on navigation and take a short drive to see if it's JUST me? (sync 3.8 with F4 map)...

Sponsored

FinMus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
I updated to sync 3.8 and also got the new F5 maps and that combination works fine.
No problems with the navigation.

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Hmm... Dealers here don't have f5 yet... Did you use English voice navigation?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Hmm... Dealers here don't have f5 yet... Did you use English voice navigation?
You can find a thread about F5 cards.. ebay is full of that :)
In shot, map is the same, they probably updated POI data and\or navigation routines.

espennor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Espen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I did the 3.8 update today. Same result as gojensen, weird voice commands...

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I have been running with 3.8 for a few weeks now but I haven't noticed any weird navigation commands. But then again it's a woman's voice and I have a natural tendency to not pay any attention to what they say.

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Lol! You have f5 maps? Then again, you probably have Dutch sync? I'm thinking maybe it's related to the English software trying to deal with km instead of mi. Going to test when I get back... Right now I'm travelling by airplane...

Shot off a mail to my dealer though since Espen or has the same issue.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I just updated my Dutch Focus from 3.6.2 to 3.8 using files found on a US Fusion forum.

Works fine (so far!)

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
EriccB

Any chance you can upload (to Google or Dropbox or similar) the 3.8 files you used?

Im also having issues with the stupid voice commands.... in 20m900m turn left etc, but im using a US based Fw.

I would like to try an EU firmware if possible. I cant use the 'sync my car' website to get the files for myself as it wont accept an EU Focus VIN.

Would you be able to do this?

Thanks!

Alex
Sponsored