Sync updates and navigation snafus

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Thanks Ericc! Sounds like the software version I should have gotten (we usually get Swedish...). Knew Bouton the voice commands for music - excellent stuff especially sine we can't navigate the Sync using the wheel :D
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Mine has the same languages as Eric, plus on central display I have English, German, French and Italian.

However my SW version is different, and also Nav application version:

SW version: 4.32.14073_PRODUCT
Nav application version: 3.62.5
Map version: F5

I haven't updated yet to 3.8 but owner.ford.com says I have 3.7, installed on may 2015 (when my car was built).

Date Confirmed: May 22, 2015 Version: Gen2 - V3.7

FinMus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
Languages are: UK English, German, Spanish, French, Portugese, Italian, Russian, Dutch, Polish, Swedish and Turkish.

My SW version is 3.08.15128.EA.10_PRODUCT

Nav application version: 4.66.5

Map version: F5
I have the same setup.

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
So jealous of you guys now... tried voice navigation and was told my SDCARD didn't even support it... haven't heard back from my dealer since Wednesday when he promised to send me some photos on Thursday... guess once they have the money and the car is out the door it's no hurry responding :D

espennor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Espen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
My dealer told me they were working with ford Norway with the navi problem. Many have reported the same problem. He told me a new software from ford europe may be possible.

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
they simply had to do what [MENTION=21204]kapiteinlangzaam[/MENTION] did: modify some reference in one of our EU update packages to allow it install on norwegian cars. It's not an hardware defect but only a stupid thing made at flat rock :)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I was just thinking about this problem.. It probably means that all our mustangs are built with US software and then, before leaving the plant, they update them with EU software.
When they saw in destination country "Norway" they didin't find a corresponding software in theìr DB and thought "Nor..what?? WTF" and skipped your cars :lol:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I remember reading somewhere on the German forum that somebody who imported a car from Danmark also had software update issues. So they could be facing the same situation as Norwegians.

Still quite strange since the Finnish car did come with EU software, even though the Finnish language is not supported.

It probably means that all our mustangs are built with US software and then, before leaving the plant, they update them with EU software.
This is one of the actions that is carried out at the "upfitters" location across the street from the factory and part of why it takes so long before our cars actually leave the factory.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Since this night I have a longer trip to go to the cinema :D I'm thinking of updating my Sync.
Since I didn't remember the exact procedure and the usb flash drive file system, I look at owner.ford.com for instructions. Doing again the download procedure, it proposes me a different update file :eyebulge:
18271516361089807214\EA5T-14D544-AD.zip
like gojensen.
In first page I noted the warning to software only compatible with Ax map cards.. but times ago I downloaded the update file I still have on my pc named
Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack3Rev1.zip
also I got an error trying to download the new update file.

However, I am sure the old update file, with reference to EU, is the correct file so I'll go with that.

Edit: did you report correct installation to ford owner's site?

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I tried to report it 3 times but it failed all 3.

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Mine reported just fine but IS the US version so stay away if possible... Ford Norway/Europe is apparently looking into this...

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Update done and successfully reported to ford owner!
Now I have the same versions of Eric both for SW and navigation app.

Some panic when it stopped several minutes on the same screen.. come to my mind the association Microsoft = BSOD :D but then all was ok!

One thing: it does not only delete your wallpaper, it resets to default all settings! You have to set it up again like new.

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Did you use the newly downloaded software or an earlier one?!

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
No I used the earlier, the one with reference to EU :D and the new software found on ford owner site won't download correctly.
Sponsored