Sponsored

Sync updates and navigation snafus

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
EriccB

Any chance you can upload (to Google or Dropbox or similar) the 3.8 files you used?

Im also having issues with the stupid voice commands.... in 20m900m turn left etc, but im using a US based Fw.

I would like to try an EU firmware if possible. I cant use the 'sync my car' website to get the files for myself as it wont accept an EU Focus VIN.

Would you be able to do this?

Thanks!

Alex
Hey Alex,

NP, just PM me your emailadres and I'll wetransfer the zipfile to you.
Sponsored

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Hmm... Does your version offer English @ericcb? :) I'm going to let Ford have a chance to figure this out but I'm also tempted to get a EU version if the system allows me to do a sideways version upgrade...

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Hmm... Does your version offer English @ericcb? :)
99.9% sure, haven't tried but the 3.7 that the car came with did. I have it running in Dutch now because in English mode it had a lot of trouble with understanding Dutch street names.

Funny thing is that the language setting for the info display between the speedo and the tacho is separate from Sync. That one I still have in English.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
The English software seems to just leave out street names altogheter up here :-/ [MENTION=18621]FinMus[/MENTION] is your Sync available in Finnish or just English-Spanish-French?

This is irritating me a bit... it seems we're getting the US software version which apparently doesn't cope with the EU map card properly... (atleast the F4 supplied). And if this is the case I wouldn't expect to pay for a new card... (buying off Ebay adds 25% and a ~ €20 handling fee :-/)

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
My Focus (also sync 2) is using an F3 card.... and that was giving the spoken nav probems with the 3.8 USA firmware.

Ive almost finished downloading the EU firmware supplied (kindly) by EriccB, so will see if that loads in to the car.

The 3.8 USA Fw was still reading the Dutch street names (albeit badly), if that makes any difference!

Ive also ordered an F5 card from eBay.... for ÂŁ60 its worth having anyway I think....

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
It wont let me overwrite the USA 3.8 with the EU 3.8 - gah! simply says software already installed.

Guess I am stuck with annoying 20m900m lady!

Folks, dont install the USA 3.8 if you want to try the EU 3.8 at some point.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
The 3.8 USA Fw was still reading the Dutch street names (albeit badly), if that makes any difference!
Yeah it does read them (quite funny actually :)) but entering an address destination via voice is quite useless when the system is set to English. In Dutch setting it works remarkably well.

FinMus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
The English software seems to just leave out street names altogheter up here :-/ [MENTION=18621]FinMus[/MENTION] is your Sync available in Finnish or just English-Spanish-French?

It has 11 languages but not Finnish so I use English.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Phew - what an afternoon.

I am now running 3.8 EU firmware though - woo hoo!

It was quite complicated (involved editing the install.lst file(s), exchanging some files in 'folder4' and swapping USB sticks 1/2 way through the update.....

At a certain point I thought I had bricked the system, and at another point I had messed up the digitiser, meaning the touchscreen wasnt responding correctly anymore (not fun!)

However, it came good in the end!

A direct update from 3.6.2 EU to 3.8 EU should be no problem at all, and I also have a copy of the files EriccB shared should anyone want access, just PM me.

However, changing the locality, i.e. 3.8US to 3.8EU is horrible, nerve-racking and I wouldnt recommend it, although if someone is stuck in the future, PM me and ill run you through the changes I had to do.....

Sponsored
OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Sounds like what I'll be needing to go through... Did you change the version numbers in the install file to get it to upgrade again?

One issue I see with this is that we are now dependent on Ericc giving us any future updates as my fordowner.com site only gives me the US files :/

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
[MENTION=21204]kapiteinlangzaam[/MENTION]

good job! Even if it's a hard job, maybe someone now or in the future could have the same issue you had, so it would be nice of you can make a specific thread\guide about that :)

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
[MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION] [MENTION=18621]FinMus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7100]Ericc B[/MENTION] may I bother you to list the languages your Sync offers?

Also, if you could please type out the entire software version number string from the Sync settings menu?

It seems that us Norwegians which won't get a localized version are getting stuck with the US software which isn't quite compatible with the EU maps... which sucks :(

I'd take a Swedish one if I could - since it should be able to read out addresses "near" properly... (though addresses are less of an issue than the turn directions!)

(I never knew you could speak an address for navigation :D though I'm guessing we will be missing out on that feature :-/)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
sure my friend, as soon as I get home this afternoon!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
May I bother you to list the languages your Sync offers?

Also, if you could please type out the entire software version number string from the Sync settings menu?
I had to step out for an errand so I checked them for you:

Languages are: UK English, German, Spanish, French, Portugese, Italian, Russian, Dutch, Polish, Swedish and Turkish.

My SW version is 3.08.15128.EA.10_PRODUCT

Nav application version: 4.66.5

Map version: F5

I never knew you could speak an address for navigation :D
You can also tell it to play a certain artist, track or album (provided your mp3 files are properly tagged). Works brilliantly.
Sponsored