Sync updates and navigation snafus

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
[MENTION=7100]Ericc B[/MENTION] no, my dealer has confirmed the issue and reps from Ford has been looking at it... they were supposed to get back to me... I didn't try the langzam hack either in lieu of this...

[MENTION=21266]Voodoo077[/MENTION] if I remember correctly the card SAYS F4 or F5 on it's label if you take it out, so should be easy to verify.
Sponsored

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016, BMW F11 M kit 2013, Seat Ateca 2017, Volvo T8 2019
[MENTION=6742]gojensen[/MENTION] only read your reaction now but I checked it before and I can confirm to you and the others that the car has got the F5 SD Card.

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Talking about SD map cards... is this part number everyone is getting? GM5T-19H449-FA ?

Found a few on ebay but they list every other car model than the Mustang - but I'm guessing Ford didn't make a unique map card for the Mustang and it's simply "left off" because the Mustang market is "tiny" compared to other models?

Oh and anyone know how often they update the cards? Should we be looking for an F6 soon?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I should find the thread where I posted all the details about the map :)
Ford maps are good for all myfordtouch systems. I think they release a version per year - F5 is 2016 version so no new map for now.

EDIT: here it is!
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39593

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
If I recall correctly Ford started to include F5 map cards in all EU Mustangs that were produced as of October last year. Mine was a September car so I still had an F4 but my sales guys conveniently swapped it for an F5 with a new Mondeo from their stock.

So if it's an annual update you might start seeing F6 cards in about 4-5 months.

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Hopefully they will update the map this time...
Sponsored