OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Sync 3 ver 3.4
I believe they first offered the 4 background color options in V3.4.
Sorry, I thought you had the new 3.4 installed.
I did it an hour ago through Cyanlabs. OMG, it is just so much better! I don't even mind the day/night defaults. Calm screen was even there, which I was reading may require a firmware flash.
Sponsored

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
If you don't like the blue theme and prefer a more black/white and grey with beige being the highlight color enable Lincoln black theme:
First line has to be set to Lincoln (8)
The Mustang animation will still work.
Lincoln MY20 is the only code that worked to change the theme (2)

7D0-01-02 8xxx xxxx xxxx
7D0-03-01 xxxx x2xx xxxx

After your APIM restarts you can go to display settings and chose NIGHT mode. Go look at the background colors and pick your favorite shade of darkness. During the day NIGHT mode is automatically brighter. One thing I did notice is the toggle option for mobile apps seems to be turned off. Android Auto works just fine. I have been running with this theme for a week and really like it. Although I would prefer the original on-screen volume/temperature pop-up. The Lincoln one looks funny.
That Lincoln MY20 is actually kind of nice! It's less brown than it had been before. Thanks for the recommendation! The MY20 Ford default isn't too bad either.

I haven't messed with the Mobile Apps much. I never found they worked reliably enough to even bother with. Back when I first got the car they would sometimes work and then often just disappear.

The dimming mode seems to be disabled on Display settings.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
During the day, brightness is at the max in night mode, and I believe in day mode as well, so nothing to change there. At night, you can change it, and it's supposed to remember it, but haven't tried that yet. By the way, I ended up with the 3rd background color, which is a dark gray, and contrasts awesome with the light gray soft buttons at the bottom. I had the 2nd one (black) initially, but liked the 3rd better. The day mode is basically all the same shade of gray, like it was with the stock blue, so really boring and uninspiring. My new theme goes great with the digital dash set to white on both primary and secondary colors, since it also uses gray. It's perfect now :D.

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
It's always been tough to get he digital dash and sync screen to look consistent with each other.

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
During the day, brightness is at the max in night mode, and I believe in day mode as well, so nothing to change there. At night, you can change it, and it's supposed to remember it, but haven't tried that yet. By the way, I ended up with the 3rd background color, which is a dark gray, and contrasts awesome with the light gray soft buttons at the bottom. I had the 2nd one (black) initially, but liked the 3rd better. The day mode is basically all the same shade of gray, like it was with the stock blue, so really boring and uninspiring. My new theme goes great with the digital dash set to white on both primary and secondary colors, since it also uses gray. It's perfect now :D.
This is weird, I have the brightness controls now enabled. I'm 100% positive it had been disabled. I also seem to have my test mode permanently on, which is nice as I can switch themes and use the visual touch indicator. Forscan can still set the default as I can see Lincoln instead of Ford Pass with the Ford theme on through test settings.

Well, sometimes mobile apps is enabled too and other times not. But it doesn't impact the actual functioning of the apps (when/if they want to work).

I'm still shocked they separated out the actual dimming from the day/night mode!

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have the brightness controls now enabled. I also seem to have my test mode permanently on, which is nice as I can switch themes and use the visual touch indicator.
Mine shows brightness at the max but grayed out during the day, which is perfectly fine with me. When dark, it's at the middle, which is also perfectly fine... but I can adjust it, if I want to. Can you adjust your brightness during the day with the Lincoln MY20 theme? And the 'test mode permanently' you mean the one where the theme is at the very top, correct? I enabled it myself too, but you can disable it from settings, meaning you need to press eject+FF again. By the way, what is 'visual touch indicator'? Curious about that. I read the other parameters on the test mode, and nothing made sense to me, so I'm thinking about disabling it, so nobody can accidentally mess with it.

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Mine shows brightness at the max but grayed out during the day, which is perfectly fine with me. When dark, it's at the middle, which is also perfectly fine... but I can adjust it, if I want to. Can you adjust your brightness during the day with the Lincoln MY20 theme? And the 'test mode permanently' you mean the one where the theme is at the very top, correct? I enabled it myself too, but you can disable it from settings, meaning you need to press eject+FF again. By the way, what is 'visual touch indicator'? Curious about that. I read the other parameters on the test mode, and nothing made sense to me, so I'm thinking about disabling it, so nobody can accidentally mess with it.
I'm still trying to figure out when the brightness works and when it doesn't. Might just be with car on, off, auto lights, etc. Or it might be basic Ford electronics weirdness.

The Lincoln 2020 theme is just so much more elegant, I keep going back to it. Only thing I don't like is the popup volume display. It's like they made everything else look modern and then threw in some Windows XP. In fact, the Sync 3 volume display was the nicest looking part of Sync 3, and it's the one thing they made uglier in 3.4.

The touch indicator is one of the settings near the themes. I think it's called reticle.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I'm still trying to figure out when the brightness works and when it doesn't. Might just be with car on, off, auto lights, etc. Or it might be basic Ford electronics weirdness.

The Lincoln 2020 theme is just so much more elegant, I keep going back to it. Only thing I don't like is the popup volume display. It's like they made everything else look modern and then threw in some Windows XP. In fact, the Sync 3 volume display was the nicest looking part of Sync 3, and it's the one thing they made uglier in 3.4.

The touch indicator is one of the settings near the themes. I think it's called reticle.
The brightness can only be changed when the headlights are in the on position. If they are set to auto, then it has to be dark enough to turn on the headlights, then you can adjust the brightness slider.

I agree with everything you say about the Lincoln theme. That hideous volume and temperature pop-up really irks me.

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
The brightness can only be changed when the headlights are in the on position. If they are set to auto, then it has to be dark enough to turn on the headlights, then you can adjust the brightness slider.

I agree with everything you say about the Lincoln theme. That hideous volume and temperature pop-up really irks me.
Thanks, I would have figured that one out eventually. Perhaps that's what's up with mobile apps too, lol

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
And what can you do with it? Does it only test how hard you need to touch the screen to invoke a response? Or can you actually adjust that? Just curious. Thx.

And looks like you were adjusting your brightness when dark :). During the day, it's at max... but you wouldn't want it any dimmer anyway.

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
And what can you do with it? Does it only test how hard you need to touch the screen to invoke a response? Or can you actually adjust that? Just curious. Thx.

And looks like you were adjusting your brightness when dark :). During the day, it's at max... but you wouldn't want it any dimmer anyway.
It's just a visual indication where the touch was registered. It makes a brief circle on the screen where you touched. For here I think it's just for debugging/testing but it's a common design technique as well.
Sponsored