Sync 3 Navigation

Eschatts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cali Special
Guys now that we picked up a Mustang, when we go cruising we kind of want to do just back roads when going places sight seeing. Can you set up the navigation to do that? Thoughts?
Sponsored

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
I don't think so,most GPS give you the option for fastest route or shortest distance.I have seen a motorcycle GPS that would do what you ask.Just go for a drive and use the GPS to get you back home.:)

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
use Android Auto google maps and set up their waypoints.. sync3 nav also has waypoints but google map is more user-friendly

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
There is a setting called something like "always use preferred route". Turn that off and when the system calculates routes it will offer, fastest (which means highest speed limits not shortest time), Eco or Shortest. The shortest is literally the absolute least number of miles it could find and often takes you along some fun back roads. I've used this feature a number of times and been very happy. Though if you are way out in the country, it has used unpaved roads for me on occasion, so proceed with caution if you are in an unfamiliar area. I just skip that turn and it reroutes.
Sponsored