Sync 3 reading text message

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
When you receive a text message, is the only way to to read it aloud, to touch the sync3 screen and select listen?

On my old SHO the alert came up on the sync screen and on the right had LCD screen in the dash, and then you just hit the OK button on right hand side of steering wheel. Feels like a step backwards to have to press something on the main sync screen instead of OK on the steering wheel.

Am I missing something obvious, should I get a notification in the dash somewhere?

PS This is obviously a very minor inconvenience and a very 1st world problem
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I've been procrastinating playing with Sync3, and/or my iPhone 6S+, to figure out how to activate text messages. But I was also assuming you could get them read without having to mess with the screen. If it's not possible, might not even bother anymore. Ha ha. So curious about the answer to your question :).

Chente04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I want to turn mine off lol. It doesnt happened all the time, but when connected via USB it sometimes reads out loud my text messages. I think it happens when I open the new message while connected. Kinda scary if your side chick sends you a dirty text :lipssealed:

OP
OP
sport160

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I want to turn mine off lol. It doesnt happened all the time, but when connected via USB it sometimes reads out loud my text messages. I think it happens when I open the new message while connected. Kinda scary if your side chick sends you a dirty text :lipssealed:
LMAO !! Best to get a burner phone for the side chick :-)

I think in the settings menu under phone and then text message you can either turn is off completely, or have it set so that it sends a sound or reads it aloud. Ive never got mine to work reading it aloud automatically.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I know with Android Auto, if you are connected via USB, you can tell it to read your message.
Sponsored