Sponsored

Sync 3 Android mirror chrome cast

ddaarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush RS2
I know Android auto is not allowing video... But has anyone added mirroring or screen cast on sync 3?

Thanks
Sponsored

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
OP
OP

ddaarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush RS2
I checked the link but didn't see a price. I don't need to add nav, but I guess they are adding it as a feature anyway.

OP
OP

ddaarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush RS2
In advent unit popped up on eBay for $750. Yikes. The Navtool one is $300. Mirroring is expensive. Any other ideas?

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
In advent unit popped up on eBay for $750. Yikes. The Navtool one is $300. Mirroring is expensive. Any other ideas?
Buy one of the new android headunits and sell the existing sync 3 to somebody looking to upgrade? Unless somebody actually hacks the sync 3 system there is not going to be much you can do in that regards or if Google opens up android auto. You might have better luck finding somebody that modified AA to allow those things than modifying the OEM system.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Android Auto is basically a closed system that you can't really modify. There are some apps that get it to work through other manners (ie over WiFi to my headunit), but nothing to change the actual behaviors of AA itself. If someone broke their proprietary code apart, I'm sure they might get something that works until the next update but that's always chasing instead of creating and could be broken in a second.
Sponsored