Sponsored

SYNC 3 and iPhone SE: Bluetooth audio disconnects

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
This seems to be happening every time I get in the car now.

I start, the phone connects, music begins to play, and then two or three songs later it just stops. Eventually it kicks back to FM or XM depending on whatever I listened to before switching the source to Bluetooth.

This happened before and after the iOS 10 update. I've been waiting for the SYNC 3v2 update to see if that fixes the issue, but I'm starting to think that update is a mermaid.

Once the audio streaming stops I can get it to reconnect after a few minutes by unlocking my phone and pressing play. I THOUGHT THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS WAS TO NOT HAVE TO MOVE ATTENTION TO YOUR PHONE WHILE DRIVING!!!

Am I alone on this issue?
Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
switch to android..less headache..but not the galaxy note 7.. thats a major headache..like literally

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
I have actually started to have this issues recently aswell, but sometimes can't get it to reconnect. But i have a Nexus 6p sometimes it won't reconnect, it will show the phone but won't connect.

Also i've noticed the text for song titles doesn't display anymore and if it does it's not often.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This seems to be happening every time I get in the car now.

I start, the phone connects, music begins to play, and then two or three songs later it just stops. Eventually it kicks back to FM or XM depending on whatever I listened to before switching the source to Bluetooth.

This happened before and after the iOS 10 update. I've been waiting for the SYNC 3v2 update to see if that fixes the issue, but I'm starting to think that update is a mermaid.

Once the audio streaming stops I can get it to reconnect after a few minutes by unlocking my phone and pressing play. I THOUGHT THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS WAS TO NOT HAVE TO MOVE ATTENTION TO YOUR PHONE WHILE DRIVING!!!

Am I alone on this issue?
I have actually started to have this issues recently aswell, but sometimes can't get it to reconnect. But i have a Nexus 6p sometimes it won't reconnect, it will show the phone but won't connect.

Also i've noticed the text for song titles doesn't display anymore and if it does it's not often.
Hey TexasRebel and chrisgonzales,

Have you tried to perform a module reset and pair the phone back with a clean connection? If not, here's how to do it: Select radio > Hold the power button (center of the volume knob) + the right-seek button at the same time for up to 5 seconds.

Keep me updated!

Cara

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Hey TexasRebel and chrisgonzales,

Have you tried to perform a module reset and pair the phone back with a clean connection? If not, here's how to do it: Select radio > Hold the power button (center of the volume knob) + the right-seek button at the same time for up to 5 seconds.

Keep me updated!

Cara
Thanks for the info, will try this tonight and see if that helps. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
TexasRebel

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I thought the power button was the big one in the middle with it universal C- power symbol.

There's a button in the volume knob?:shrug:

Last edited:

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for the info, will try this tonight and see if that helps. :thumbsup:
I'll look forward to your reply!

I thought the power button was the nigh one in the middle with it universal C- power symbol.

There's a button in the volume knob?:shrug:
The power button can be located in two different places. Were you able to perform the reset?

Cara

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
FWIW I have Sync3 v2.0 in the 2017 , iPhoneSE , iOS 10 . No issues for me so far.

OP
OP
TexasRebel

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
The power button can be located in two different places. Were you able to perform the reset?

Cara
It slipped my mind last night while I was changing my clutch spring (success!) and trying to enable Easy Entry/Exit (Not Yet :( ). I'll make an attempt at lunch today.

Sponsored

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Did this, this morning and text works now on the screen. So far so good will keep updated if any issues come up.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
u guys gotta stick with sony xperia series lineups.. these guys know hardware

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Did this, this morning and text works now on the screen. So far so good will keep updated if any issues come up.
Hi chrisgonzales,

That's great to hear! We'll be here if anything else comes up.

Shaay
Sponsored