Sponsored

Sync 3.4 version update

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Just completed Sync 3.4 version update from 21098 to 21194. Downloaded from Ford site and then copied to USB drive. Inserted USB into port under display and took maybe 20 minutes at most.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
There's already a thread on this. See
We have a new Sync 3 Map Update

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
That's for Navigation maps not Sync 3 operating system and the OS should be done before maps after reading that link.
Your maps should be up to date given your chassis number. I only needed to update Sync. Please share how/if your maps update goes.

OP
OP
melwff

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Your maps should be up to date given your chassis number. I only needed to update Sync. Please share how/if your maps update goes.
My maps are 2019 will update them next.

DEDXXXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Black 6MT M3629
Just completed Sync 3.4 version update from 21098 to 21194. Downloaded from Ford site and then copied to USB drive. Inserted USB into port under display and took maybe 20 minutes at most.
I did it yesterday in the garage through house wifi. Took a while, but it worked fine. Not sure what the update did, they don’t really advertise it too easily. When i went to the site, it said I had a new map update available for a one time download, but I already have version 2-20. Which is an odd name since it is now 9-21. Must make sense to someone….

I just took a trip to Tampa and the fairly new hotel I stayed at was not in the system. Had fun trying to find it on I-4 using voice controls.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Sync update was a huge change since it fixed the problem with Sirius/XM traffic info showing only 10% of the time since delivery of the car in early April. I know the maps are out of date as MA recently changed their exit numbering and I don't expect that to show up in the Sync maps until the next two-year update cycle. That's where the Android/Apple connectivity is handy -- when traffic turns into a complete mess, enable the app connection and let Waze do its thing -- it does it SO MUCH better than any of the other apps.

DEDXXXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Black 6MT M3629
Sync update was a huge change since it fixed the problem with Sirius/XM traffic info showing only 10% of the time since delivery of the car in early April. I know the maps are out of date as MA recently changed their exit numbering and I don't expect that to show up in the Sync maps until the next two-year update cycle. That's where the Android/Apple connectivity is handy -- when traffic turns into a complete mess, enable the app connection and let Waze do its thing -- it does it SO MUCH better than any of the other apps.
yep! That makes sense. The whole trip to Tampa I’m like where is the traffic alerts? I know it worked before, but it wasn’t showing up. After the update it worked again.

We tried the apple Maps and the google maps through CarPlay, worked well. Only thing there is, with the Nav, you can get directions show up on the speedo screen also. Using carplay doesn’t show up there.

Wife just got a CX-30 Turbo. The whole system on that car is leaps ahead on features, looks, and usability. Also has heads up display for speed and directions. Nice. And about $25k cheaper than the M1.

OP
OP
melwff

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Just started map update. When I did Sync update used USB port below engine start stop button. Inserted map USB into same port, it lit up, didnt blink and no message on top of screen . Waited a few minutes and moved to USB in center console. After a few seconds it started to blink and update message appeared on screen. Hope it doesn't take a full hour. Ended up taking about 40 minutes. Required two vehicle restarts with flash drive not removed from port.
Sponsored

Last edited: