SYNC 2 Radio entertainment unavailable

tjs5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have a 2017 GT that I recently upgraded SYNC 1 to SYNC 2 as I didn't see the need for apple carplay but did not want the small non-touch screen and no GPS. I installed everything and while checking that everything was functioning correctly I noticed that it kept going from entertainment to entertainment unavailable. I read other posts with user's who had the same issue but it seems that they have no entertainment at all. For me, it works for about 10-15 seconds so I'm able to switch to my Bluetooth, FM, etc but then it goes back to the home screen and says entertainment unavailable but continues playing my bluetooth music.

Checked all fuses and all wiring everything is fine.

Does it need to be programmed or do I need some sort of premium CD as the other users?

Thanks for the help šŸ˜€šŸ‘

entertainment unavailable .png
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Did you use Forscan to change any of the As Built code so itā€™s accepting of any of the recent hardware changes you did?

OP
OP
tjs5oh

tjs5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks for the reply. I have no yet as the person I bought it from told me it was all plug and play. I thought maybe it needed to be programmed. Do you happen to have a link to know how to do it or know yourself?

Thanks again.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ok - two more questions before going Forscan route after seeing your above reply:

Is your SYNC updated to the latest version?

Have you tried a Master reset yet?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
tjs5oh

tjs5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I did correct. Master reset, soft reset, and fully updated. I thought it needed to be programmed but it still like works for 10 seconds when I turn the car on so I thought maybe there was another issue.

I'll take a look at that link. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
tjs5oh

tjs5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yeah lol. I thought the same. Checked it multiple times. Iā€™m assuming If it was wired wrong it wouldnā€™t work at all? It works for about 10 seconds which gives me the chance to switch to bluetooth, fml etc and plays that without stopping.

Fuses all good double, even triple checked. Assuming something needs to be programmed?

OP
OP
tjs5oh

tjs5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sync 2, Iā€™ll take a look at the link. Thank you.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Sync 2, Iā€™ll take a look at the link. Thank you.
Even if you didn't want CarPlay or Android Auto changing to Sync 3 would have been a much, much better move. It is significantly better than the old Microsoft technology in Sync 2/MFT. If you are still able I would make the change. If not, unfortunately, you are not going to find a lot on here about Sync 2.
Sponsored