Sync 2 4" to Sync 3 8" Touchscreen Completed with 1 problem

eXodium

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost non-PP Auto
Just did this upgrade in my 2015 Ecoboost and everything works perfectly...except my phone. Either in Sync 3 or in Apple car play whenever I make or receive a call my radio automatically turns on and I hear no sound from the phone. The person on the other end does not hear me either. When trying to listen to messages in apple car play siri's voice shows that it's working, but no sound for that either. Everything else works perfectly fine like I said. I've done a master reset, unhooked the battery and reconnected, and unpaired with phone and repaired. Nothing has worked so far. Any thoughts?

**After further testing it seems that whenever I access Siri on my sync or on apple car play it auto boots up the FM radio every single time. For some reason my car thinks the audio for Siri should be the FM radio, but the Siri commands still work outside of the audio. My car also apparently uses Siri exclusively to use phone audio. Not sure how to fix this.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp

eddison

You need to edit the AsBuilt of the ACM to tell it that the display is now a Sync 3 display instead of the 4".

Look up a 2016 that is Sync 3 equipped on eBay, etc to get the VIN, then use it to look up the AsBuilt on the Motorcraft site. Use that AsBuilt on the ACM to see if it solves your issue.

OP
OP

eXodium

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost non-PP Auto
Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited: