Sway bars GT Convertible

MR YUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible
Sorry, I know this topic has been covered many times before, but I have not seen a detailed comparison on different Ford sway bars.

I have a PP1 GT convertible, and I know it's not going to handle like the coupe, but I was wondering if different sway bars would help improve the handling at all. If they would, what are the differences in the available Ford options.

Is there sway bar for PP2 and is it Different than PP1?

Is the GT350 different than PP2 or PP1?

Is the GT500 different than the GT350?

Is the GT500 different from the FP track or street offerings?

Will they all fit the GT convertible model?

I use it for daily driving when its warmer out, so I still want a somewhat comfortable ride.

Anyone have any recommendations or things to watch out for??
Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I would refer you to Steeda.

I use stock springs/shocks with PP1 sway bars off of a coupe.

Before you go switching out the rear sway bar, check whether your PP1 rear bar is 21.7mm or 22.2mm. On many convertibles, they downsize the rear bar because of the extra weight. If you have the smaller bar, get one off of the hardtop.

Mine is scary neutral in handling.

CVCashmere

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I know this topic has been covered many times before, but I have not seen a detailed comparison on different Ford sway bars.

I have a PP1 GT convertible, and I know it's not going to handle like the coupe, but I was wondering if different sway bars would help improve the handling at all. If they would, what are the differences in the available Ford options.

Is there sway bar for PP2 and is it Different than PP1?

Is the GT350 different than PP2 or PP1?

Is the GT500 different than the GT350?

Is the GT500 different from the FP track or street offerings?

Will they all fit the GT convertible model?

I use it for daily driving when its warmer out, so I still want a somewhat comfortable ride.

Anyone have any recommendations or things to watch out for??
Are you looking to reduce the body roll, do some corner carving, or just looking for the overall right improvement for more spirited drives?

Depending on what you are looking to accomplish - there are several routes you can go to improve driveability without sacrificing ride quality.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Stock PP1 suspension is plenty competent for anything on the street. Before you start modding, go do a track day or a good trip on some curvy mountain roads. I think you will be impressed. Here is a picture of the g meter after a track day. Since the I have added some Steeda camber plates, jacking rails and got a good sport alignment and I am happy.

0871BC7C-392B-483F-A976-EBE336F30342.jpeg

OP
OP
MR YUK

MR YUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. That is why I posted my question. Working with TJ to get some ideas.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. That is why I posted my question. Working with TJ to get some ideas.

Good suggestion! My next mod is to upgrade the shocks to Steeda's. That will compliment my sway bars.

CVcashmere

OP
OP
MR YUK

MR YUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Okay so I have been in contact with the good folks at Steeda and they have made the following recommendations.

S550 Mustang Comfort Suspension package: 555 2422

S550 Rear Spring Space ¼”: 555 8251

S550 Alignment and Support Kit: 555 4450

I have no doubt about the quality of Steeda parts. If anyone has installed any of these parts, would you please tell me about your experience with them.

Also, what is the 1/4" spacer going to do for the car besides raise the rear end up a bit?

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Also, what is the 1/4" spacer going to do for the car besides raise the rear end up a bit?
I put that setup on my GT Vert (non-PP) and it made a world of difference. Let Steeda know what kind of driving you're planning on and have them recommend an alignment setup for you.
As far as the 1/4" spacer: I wish I had gotten it, or even a 1/2". The car will drop quit a bit and is borderline lowrider. I prefer a little rake to the profile, with the tail a little higher than the front.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
My only 2cents is if your changing one of the car to make sure you balance out the other end.

It’s more-so for people wanting to run a larger rear tire setup without giving up as much the stance of their mustang.
Sponsored