Sway bar

Terry W

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Gentlemen, I have a 2019 Shelby GT350 and plan on auto crossings it in the spring. I was wondering if a larger adjustable rear sway bar would be beneficial like the one offered by Steeda? The car is probably fine stock but looking for possible improvements. I am new to auto cross and looking forward to having fun at the track. Thanks, Terry W.
Sponsored

Bidaci

Threads
Reaction score
Website
cionispeed.car.blog
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB PP
If you're new to autocross don't worry about the bar yet. Go out and learn the nuances of your car first. Only then can you make any decisions on what you want to change. And then, only makes changes that are good for your driving style.

In stock form the car is more then adequate and competent. Drive it, asked questions, learn the car and learn how to drive it at the limit are your first priorities

OP
OP

Terry W

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If you're new to autocross don't worry about the bar yet. Go out and learn the nuances of your car first. Only then can you make any decisions on what you want to change. And then, only makes changes that are good for your driving style.

In stock form the car is more then adequate and competent. Drive it, asked questions, learn the car and learn how to drive it at the limit are your first priorities
Thank you Bidaci. That sounds like good advice. I will see how the Shelby does stock and go from there.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. Go drive it a bunch before soending money on mods for this specific sport.

As for swaybars, the steeda is kind of big and without a front bar to balance it, its probably too much rear bias. Makes the car very tail happy which is great for learning car control but not for the faint of heart and if you’re scared to hang it out you may be slower overall.

Anyway see how you like autox, do at least a handful of events, then if you want to atick with it for a while look at a swaybar and a set of sticky tires on a 2nd set of wheels.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Chris, our Marketing Director - did the same thing. He had just started to get into the Auto X with the GT350 ... learned what the car could do & then worked on getting the upgrades.

Then, when you are on the track - you can start adjusting the swaybar to fit your style - if you would like to speak to him - I can put you in contact with him to tell you about his journey.

TJ

Sponsored

OP
OP

Terry W

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Agreed. Go drive it a bunch before soending money on mods for this specific sport.

As for swaybars, the steeda is kind of big and without a front bar to balance it, its probably too much rear bias. Makes the car very tail happy which is great for learning car control but not for the faint of heart and if you’re scared to hang it out you may be slower overall.

Anyway see how you like autox, do at least a handful of events, then if you want to atick with it for a while look at a swaybar and a set of sticky tires on a 2nd set of wheels.
Thank you NightmareMoon

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Gentlemen, I have a 2019 Shelby GT350 and plan on auto crossings it in the spring.
You basically hit the 'easy button' to what the rest of us do aftermarket. The GT350 is super capable right out of the box. Do you basic maintenance work and keep track of tire pressures. That's all you need to start.

OP
OP

Terry W

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You basically hit the 'easy button' to what the rest of us do aftermarket. The GT350 is super capable right out of the box. Do you basic maintenance work and keep track of tire pressures. That's all you need to start.
Thank you TeeLew. I’m looking at helmets now. Maybe the Simpson SA 2015. I read that it’s a good entry level helmet. What say you?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Thank you TeeLew. I’m looking at helmets now. Maybe the Simpson SA 2015. I read that it’s a good entry level helmet. What say you?
Pick one that is comfortable. It's autocross. You're not (hopefully) going to hit the wall going 120 mph nor you're going to wear it for hours at the time. Don't overthink autocross prep, go drive.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I have a cheap g-force open face helmet. Comfortable and minimizes overheating. I recommend a white helmet for those balmy summer days.
Sponsored