Sponsored

Sway Bar End Links Worth It?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Are these a descent or worthwhile only mod? I’ve done zero suspension mods and looking for a project? Just a little something worth while to spend money on.

I’ve seen stock ones bent, and even a 350 guy on FB broke a stock one. When I swapped out the stock links on my sons S197 car, one was bent.

But I’ve heard this is also an item that can clunk around?
Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Only if you want adjustability of the sway stiffness. Combined with an adjustable sway bar, you can change the positions on the bar lever length and increase or decrease the stiffness. Additionally, the adjustability of the links can help return the OE sway dimensions back to factory geometry. I've not seen a bunch of failures so the added strength is probably of no benefit, but they are stronger as well.

If you're swapping out a bunch of suspension stuff and you really want to dial in everything, the rate of the sway bar is probably something you're going to want to have flexibility in adjusting.

Having the car looser in the rear and tighter in the front will help to move toward understeer (or help alleviate oversteer). Having the car loose up front and stiff out back will help to put the car more in oversteer (or help to correct understeer).