Sponsored

Swapping intake manifold with injectors?

illadvised

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian Spilner
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - 6R80 - Paxton 2200SL
I just finished up my carb compliant 2200sl kit from beefcake and now that its all up and running well; I want to upgrade injectors, tune and a few other things. I need to keep the original vortech injectors and tune to pass smog every few years, so I am trying to keep all new engine parts simple and easy to swap back and forth.

Before I get the tune, I am thinking about going with a 2018 manifold also. Can I leave the injectors installed in the manifold and unbolt the whole assembly for easy swapping back and forth between the two setups? Would it be a good idea to pick up a second set of fuel rails also to simplify the process? Is there any reason to go with aftermarket fuel rail on stock fuel pump w/bap? Is there a big difference between ported and non ported 2018 mani on a 2015 paxton car?

I was thinking of having the ported 2018 mani mounted with id1050x injectors, no irmc, a TB, fuel rails and using a lund tune. And in the garage keep the stock 2015 mani, stock tb and stock vortech injectors all mounted together.

Thanks
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You can swap the intake with injectors and rails to keep it simple. There’s not enough difference between ported and unported intake to matter. It’s about 10hp. Swap pulleys for more boost. Get e85 or water meth.