Sponsored

Swapping in heated/cooled seats to base?

the5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT
Has anyone swapped heated/cooled seats into a base car?
Sponsored

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on the interior package you have you might not have the wiring for them.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
When I took off my base cloth seats and installed the leather set I did see the heating elements on the seat … just not sure on the electrical part of getting it to work and then the switches on the dash too.

EliteGeeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The first problem is you don't have the larger alternator that the heated seat cars have, and no you don't have the harness for it either, it would be a lot of work, and no, there is no part of the seat that has the heater, what he saw is something else. I have swapped the cloth to leather 3 times... it is basically a blank slate. You need to start from scratch.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The first problem is you don't have the larger alternator that the heated seat cars have, and no you don't have the harness for it either, it would be a lot of work, and no, there is no part of the seat that has the heater, what he saw is something else. I have swapped the cloth to leather 3 times... it is basically a blank slate. You need to start from scratch.
Do the seats pull that many amps that they need a different alternator or are they usually paired with other options that do?

EliteGeeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
If you are running everything then yes. headlights, fog lights, both seats and all other stuff, you should have the 200amp alternator not the 175 amp

dustythewind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusty
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium w/ PP
I have a 2015 GT Premium with PP and the Recaro option and would like to throw in a heated/cooled seat for the winter. Does anyone know if the heat/cool wiring exists in my car or what it looks like? I have blanks where the heat/cool control sits on the center stack. Would I have to do much more than swapping the heated/cooled buttons on the HVAC control?

EliteGeeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
If you want to sell your old bezel when you upgrade to heated seats hit me up. looking for a 8" bezel without heated seats

EliteGeeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have a 2015 GT Premium with PP and the Recaro option and would like to throw in a heated/cooled seat for the winter. Does anyone know if the heat/cool wiring exists in my car or what it looks like? I have blanks where the heat/cool control sits on the center stack. Would I have to do much more than swapping the heated/cooled buttons on the HVAC control?
and no, you do not have all the wires in your system for the heated seats, you also need to upgrade the alternator to the 200 amp version

Sponsored

dustythewind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusty
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium w/ PP
and no, you do not have all the wires in your system for the heated seats, you also need to upgrade the alternator to the 200 amp version
Thank you! Yeah I confirmed this by taking the driver seat out and only found the one connector.