Sponsored

Swap for a bullitt??

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have to admit if I got one I’d probably still modify it but only with things that enhance it in the Steve McQueen edition style…..I just can’t help myself 😜
I did wheels, lowered, suspension upgrades, steering wheel, short shift, seat inserts, sequential light's and a lot more. Like I said looks stock but is not.
Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I own one and it is a great car, no doubt. The Gen 3 coyote is a wonderful engine and I think the GT350 plumbing gives it a little more top end power. The weak point is the transmission but if you don't rush through the gears or feel the need to slam them, it is fine. One thing I don't like is when I roll up somewhere and put it into first...it clunks and jerks the car around a little. I love the stealthy and classy looks of the Bullitt. I could do without the red brake calipers though.

I'd say if you really like it AND if you don't lose too much money, go for it. Keep in mind, it is still pretty much a GT with Performance Pack 1, MagneRide, and Active Exhaust. Nothing wrong with that, just don't expect an entirely different car, like a Shelby GT350 would be.

I am seriously considering trading my Bullitt for a Mach 1 if the deal is right. While equal in power (at least in the US for MY 2021), the Mach 1 is like a Bullitt that went to the gym and got ripped. Handles tighter, feels more "eager" to go, and the Tremec transmission is fantastic.

Good luck with your decision - all of these cars are great in their own way and I always consider myself lucky to be living in the 2nd muscle car era and able to afford such a cool toy.
Steeda short shift dramatically changes the gear changes and gets rid of the clunk.

OP
OP
PLAYTYM

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - velocity blue
If you decided to go with a Bullitt, couldn’t you pull the supercharger from your GT and install it on the Bullitt? That would give you the car and the power that you want.
The issue with that is I don’t have a manifold as I got the car with the supercharger already installed so not really wanting to spend more money on removing and replacing stuff

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Yup totally get what you’re saying…..would love a Mach1 but the prices of them over here right now is stupid!
The bullitt seems to be the more affordable option and while the trans has always been a downer point (IMO) I do love the stealthiness, the colour and the fact that that colour only came out on the bullitt making it that much more special.
Tough decision to go from standard GT with 780hp to special edition with 480hp….(granted other people will have different opinions of what consitutes a difference worth trading for)….but for me so far this is it
How much is a Mach 1 over there? Just curious

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Really like the Isle of Man video but think it was a Ford promo video so of course the feedback is glorious. The car is great though. I’d say the Bullitt is the perfect cruiser. Sure it is plenty fast and MagneRide makes it handle pretty well but it can’t hide its weight and the gearing is taaalll. You never need to go beyond 4th, unless you want to save fuel, so basically 2 override gears which doesn’t really make sense.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PLAYTYM

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Used about A$98 to new A$125k (about $65-85k US)

OP
OP
PLAYTYM

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Really like the Isle of Man video but think it was a Ford promo video so of course the feedback is glorious. The car is great though. I’d say the Bullitt is the perfect cruiser. Sure it is plenty fast and MagneRide makes it handle pretty well but it can’t hide its weight and the gearing is taaalll. You never need to go beyond 4th, unless you want to save fuel, so basically 2 override gears which doesn’t really make sense.
Yeah that’s one of my concerns….the auto is pretty good

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Used about A$98 to new A$125k (about $65-85k US)
That IS pricey. I guess still better than in other countries. Read somewhere that in the Netherlands and the Scandinavian countries a well equipped GT is a USD $100k car due to hefty taxes and/or emissions fines

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
How much is a Mach 1 over there? Just curious
A JFG my boss looked at was selling for just under 94,000 AUD brand new at a dealer 2 years ago, and we don’t get the handling pack goodies over here.
Not sure about used prices right now but probably ridiculous considering we only got a limited number of Mach 1’s here.

If I was the OP I wouldn’t do the trade unless he doesn’t like the supercharger option. Only thing he is missing is Magneride unless you are in love with the green.

OP
OP
PLAYTYM

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
A JFG my boss looked at was selling for just under 94,000 AUD brand new at a dealer 2 years ago, and we don’t get the handling pack goodies over here.
Not sure about used prices right now but probably ridiculous considering we only got a limited number of Mach 1’s here.

If I was the OP I wouldn’t do the trade unless he doesn’t like the supercharger option. Only thing he is missing is Magneride unless you are in love with the green.
I do love the green…..but I have to admit the supercharger is the cherry on top….it’s a rush that I think I’d miss

Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1

That is like 64k USD which doesn’t sound too bad. Yeah, with the low numbers for AUS, Mach 1s are probably quite rare. I think globally, ‘21 MY was about 6,300 units, ‘22 not yet revealed but expected to be similar, and ‘23 will be a short run because of the upcoming S650.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I do love the green…..but I have to admit the supercharger is the cherry on top….it’s a rush that I think I’d miss
It is a very cool color and the gold flake in it pops in the sunlight. It reminds me of the green Rolex submariner’s (aka “Hulk”) sunburst dial. I wish they offered it for the Mach 1 but then it wouldn’t be unique anymore. The Eruption Green is really nice, too, but a little too bright for my taste. Only thing that bothers me about the Bullitt design are the red brake calipers. Sometimes I look at mine and can’t help but think of a Christmas tree 😄

OP
OP
PLAYTYM

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
That is like 64k USD which doesn’t sound too bad. Yeah, with the low numbers for AUS, Mach 1s are probably quite rare. I think globally, ‘21 MY was about 6,300 units, ‘22 not yet revealed but expected to be similar, and ‘23 will be a short run because of the upcoming S650.
Yeah but Oz isn’t getting anymore Mach1’s than we already have got so prices won’t be coming down much

OP
OP
PLAYTYM

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
It is a very cool color and the gold flake in it pops in the sunlight. It reminds me of the green Rolex submariner’s (aka “Hulk”) sunburst dial. I wish they offered it for the Mach 1 but then it wouldn’t be unique anymore. The Eruption Green is really nice, too, but a little too bright for my taste. Only thing that bothers me about the Bullitt design are the red brake calipers. Sometimes I look at mine and can’t help but think of a Christmas tree 😄
Whereas I reaally want the red calipers on mine….it’s a cruel world lol 😆