Sponsored

SVE R350 and Project 6GR

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
I do :)

i'm gonna be honest, i'm not happy with the quality of finish from 6GR. The first time they delivered the wheels they had runs and dust in the finish and it was flat instead of gloss.

The second time you can still see visible sanding marks under the finish and the sides of the spokes have a weird thing going on. They DO look good until you stick your face up to the wheels, but for the price they run i wouldn't buy them again, and regret my purchase. I would by the regular 6GRs and have them powdercoated locally, because their guys couldn't get it right over two tries. I didn't bother sending them back a second time because they obviously are unable to do a good job, and i'll just get them refinished locally in a few years, as they don't look bad, just not up to the quality you'd expect for paying EXTRA lol.

27664408037_da9eec3fe2_h.jpg

41812163334_999333234d_h.jpg

41199229174_732893c729_h.jpg

40726814790_63afe3b3af_h.jpg
What size wheel / tire combo is that? Thanks for your post by the way (they look good on your car). And, what finish is that?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Will have to agree with Chad on this. The finish is pretty poor for such an expensive wheel. Mine already had paint missing just days after getting my wheels. I asked for guidance from 6GR on if that is normal and they just tried to make me the bad guy for not getting ceramic coating on the wheels.

Wheels are decent, but whoever is doing the powder coating or whatever it is on these is trash.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
What size wheel / tire combo is that? Thanks for your post by the way (they look good on your car). And, what finish is that?
Thanks! It's hyper silver. They're 19x10 square with 275/40 Continental EC Sports.

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! It's hyper silver. They're 19x10 square with 275/40 Continental EC Sports.
Doesn't that throw off your speedometer by 1-2 mph given the oversized front wheel/tire combo?

How is the ride?

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't that throw off your speedometer by 1-2 mph given the oversized front wheel/tire combo?

How is the ride?
Nope, dead on according to the GPS. Im guessing the speedo is calculated from the rear axles. It rides great. The Continentals are a little softer ride than the stock pirellis since they're not runflats. I've had Pilot Super Sports before too and slightly prefer the Continentals since they're way better in the rain and as good in the dry from what I can tell.

Sponsored

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Query- does Ford then recalibrate the speedo for each Mustang, given some have 20" wheels, some have 19", some have 18" and some have square and staggered set-ups?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Query- does Ford then recalibrate the speedo for each Mustang, given some have 20" wheels, some have 19", some have 18" and some have square and staggered set-ups?
Wheel size doesnt matter, its the tire diameter that matters.

When you run a larger wheel, you usually run a tire with a shorter sidewall in order to keep the overall tire diameter the same.

That said, yes you could reprogram the computer to compensate for a different tire diameter, but almost nobody needs to if you bought the right sized tires.

Re: P6Gr finish - thats a bummer. I got my satin black wheels in the initial batch and the finish has held up really well. Far better than I deserve for the punishment they've been getting. I've been really pleased.

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wheel size doesnt matter, its the tire diameter that matters.

When you run a larger wheel, you usually run a tire with a shorter sidewall in order to keep the overall tire diameter the same.

That said, yes you could reprogram the computer to compensate for a different tire diameter, but almost nobody needs to if you bought the right sized tires.

Re: P6Gr finish - thats a bummer. I got my satin black wheels in the initial batch and the finish has held up really well. Far better than I deserve for the punishment they've been getting. I've been really pleased.
Thanks. Well, agreed. It's a combination of wheel size and tire size (for overall diameter). But, every combo Ford offers, be it 255/40/19, 265/35/20, 275/40/19 (rear PP) translates to a different speed, if you will. See -https://tiresize.com/speedometer-calibration/
So, I'm just assuming Ford maybe doesn't adjust for that since its close? And which axel matters (is it the front or rear given the decent difference in the PP staggered setup)?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Well, agreed. It's a combination of wheel size and tire size (for overall diameter). But, every combo Ford offers, be it 255/40/19, 265/35/20, 275/40/19 (rear PP) translates to a different speed, if you will. See -https://tiresize.com/speedometer-calibration/
So, I'm just assuming Ford maybe doesn't adjust for that since its close? And which axel matters (is it the front or rear given the decent difference in the PP staggered setup)?
Turns out Ford does set each car's as-built data to configure for specific tire diameters (and gear ratios). I guess its different enough. IDK which axle matters, front or rear.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Turns out Ford does set each car's as-built data to configure for specific tire diameters (and gear ratios). I guess its different enough. IDK which axle matters, front or rear.
Rear is what matters since it is a RWD vehicle.

Sponsored

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it my imagination or do the Project 6GR's extend out / poke out past the wheel well (at top of the wheel well)? If so, not a fan of that.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
they don't on a GT. never seen them on a GT350 personally so can't say if they do or don't.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Is it my imagination or do the Project 6GR's extend out / poke out past the wheel well (at top of the wheel well)? If so, not a fan of that.
On the regular GT/ V6 or ECO. They sit flush to the Fenders (No poke).
The GT350 R-Spec setup may seem to be aggressive. Some GT350 6GR owners lower their vehicle on Ford Performance springs and sits nicely to the fenders.
Sponsored