Sponsored

Suspension Upgrades Tip/Did any else experience this?

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Did you guys back out ALL 4 bolts some before removing a complete side? There needs to be a tiny bit of wiggle. Not much at all, barely discernible but just a tick enough.
I removed one bolt at a time to change to the four shorter ones. Did have to use a jack under the diff once to get the bolt to realign.
Sponsored

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R, Acura RDX
I removed one bolt at a time to change to the four shorter ones. Did have to use a jack under the diff once to get the bolt to realign.

We did have the Jack under the diff, but when we went to lift it back into place its was binding on something and lifting the car. So we used a jack to lift each side and it moved up right into place. We used a large pry bar to line up but it really was almost spot on.

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
Hey y'all.

A few weeks ago, when Lethal Performance had them on sale, I picked up BMR's cradle lock-out (CB005) and poly differential bushing inserts (BK051). (Decided to pair it with Steeda's IRS alignment inserts also, but that was simple). First off, I love the upgrade. Always expect great things coming out of BMR's shop, and the driving feel is much better now :cheers:

During the install, doing the bushing inserts, I first ran into a problem with the driver-side, front bushing. Following the instructions, the inserts slides in fine, but the cradle didn't lower far enough (for me) to even get the bolt in the hole. I had to disconnect the driveshaft from the differential (thanks American Muscle install video) in order for the cradle to drop all the way. Second hiccup was on the driver-side, rear bushing. For what ever reason, the stock bushing/bushing surround was smaller in diameter than the other 3... So the insert wouldn't just slide in. After multiple dremel sessions and test fits, about 1/16-3/32 of an inch off the diameter, the insert finally fit.

Again, just my experience, and kind of curious if anyone had the same problems. Worth the mod, if you have a free Saturday afternoon and a lift!
I too took advantage of lethal Performance sale. I purchased the BMR BK051 diff bushing lockout kit, and the Lethal Performance Extreme bolt kit: LP-550179. The Left Rear (Drivers Side) diff bushing on the GT350 is different. It is slightly smaller (-Where the poly bushing fits in) than the other three. And to best explain it, It has a different pattern for the 4 square nubs (Where the poly bushing fits in). The nubs are more like a (8 - 10 o'clock, and a 2 - 4 o'clock pattern) - Any pattern on the Poly bushings do not fit it.

I provided picture of what modifications were needed on one of the Red Poly Bushings to make it fit

One thing some don't realize is the holes in the rear rubber bushings are quite large, and the Lethal Performance Extreme Bolt kit comes with sleeves that give the rear bolts a more precision fit, (Which is what I was mainly after)
IMG_0005-a.JPG
IMG_0006-b.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: