Sponsored

SuperSnake vs GT500

garrettusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
With the astronomical ADM's these dealers are charging for the GT500 I can get a pretty sweet low mileage Super Snake for much less with a little more HP.

Just wondering if the DCT is worth it to just wait for prices to come down a little bit or pull the trigger on a Snake
Sponsored

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
With the astronomical ADM's these dealers are charging for the GT500 I can get a pretty sweet low mileage Super Snake for much less with a little more HP.

Just wondering if the DCT is worth it to just wait for prices to come down a little bit or pull the trigger on a Snake
What year Super Snake? Also, it depends on what you are after, from a performance standpoint, the DCT offers a lot of advantages. However, from a driving perspective, some prefer manual, so it really depends on what you want out of the car.

ADMs are all over, when I was looking, I came across 30K mark-ups on normal GT500's and even found some Track or "Golden Ticket" GT500's with smaller mark-ups. I even came across a few dealers which had no ADMs. The tough part is first finding one and then finding one with the options you want. Also, the ADM is a BS add-on, so if you walk in with a check, you'd be surprised how quickly they will deal, especially if the car has been sitting.

OP
OP
garrettusa

garrettusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
What year Super Snake? Also, it depends on what you are after, from a performance standpoint, the DCT offers a lot of advantages. However, from a driving perspective, some prefer manual, so it really depends on what you want out of the car.

ADMs are all over, when I was looking, I came across 30K mark-ups on normal GT500's and even found some Track or "Golden Ticket" GT500's with smaller mark-ups. I even came across a few dealers which had no ADMs. The tough part is first finding one and then finding one with the options you want. Also, the ADM is a BS add-on, so if you walk in with a check, you'd be surprised how quickly they will deal, especially if the car has been sitting.
Its a 2019 but this one is actually an automatic

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
Its a 2019 but this one is actually an automatic
If it is the A10, there is a significant difference between that automatic (which is good) however, the DCT is on an entire different level. I test drove an A10 before I bought my prior PP2 and was impressed with how well it drove/shifted.

However, one of the highlights of the GT500 is the DCT, that is actually what sold me on it....yes...it's that good!

Personally, I would go with the GT500 as the handling is also amazing, so are the brakes, the cooling, and the engine is closer to 800HP, so it is an incredible overall package.

I am not just saying that because I have one either. If possible, keep your eyes out for one at CarMax, that is how I was able to drive one. Or see if any local members are willing to take you for a ride. Some used car dealers might let you test drive as well.

Good luck!

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

DCT is def worth it. The super snake is nothing special, it’s regular 5.0 with a blower. There are many dealers out there that have dealer policy’s to only sell at MSRP. Just need to keep calling. 5.2 with DCT is def better than the 5.0 with standard 6spd/10spd

Sponsored

OP
OP
garrettusa

garrettusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
DCT is def worth it. The super snake is nothing special, it’s regular 5.0 with a blower. There are many dealers out there that have dealer policy’s to only sell at MSRP. Just need to keep calling. 5.2 with DCT is def better than the 5.0 with standard 6spd/10spd
Yep ok this is what I needed to hear thanks guys gonna wait it out!

Deleted member 56911

With the semiconductor shortage driving up the price of cars, if there’s a good deal on a super snake, you might want to jump all over it. Your other choice is to wait for the shortage to subside. Car prices will eventually come back to normal.

OP
OP
garrettusa

garrettusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
With the semiconductor shortage driving up the price of cars, if there’s a good deal on a super snake, you might want to jump all over it. Your other choice is to wait for the shortage to subside. Car prices will eventually come back to normal.
Ya I'm also gonna look at a few 2014 GT500's. I can get a manual & its only like 100 HP less.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Garrett: I had a '14 for six years and while I loved the car, there is simply no comparison with the new version, it's a night and day more capable car.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Garrett: I had a '14 for six years and while I loved the car, there is simply no comparison with the new version, it's a night and day more capable car.
This man knows.

You can not compare a 2014 to a 2020 GT500 by numbers, there is far too much superior engineering in the 20+ GT500. When you look at only numbers, the 2014 looks comparable, but it is not even close.

If you have to have a manual, go for it, but let that be the only reason you decide.

Sponsored

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
The 10SPD Auto is very nice IMO.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
The 10SPD Auto is very nice IMO.
The A10 is nice. Absolutely nice. My 18 5.0 GT had one. Loved it and thought is was the bees knees. The DCT is so far beyond the A10 like others have said. The A10 cannot carry the DCT's jock strap. Not even close when comparing the two and that is not a knock on the A10. The DCT is just in a completely different league.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
The A10 is nice. Absolutely nice. My 18 5.0 GT had one. Loved it and thought is was the bees knees. The DCT is so far beyond the A10 like others have said. The A10 cannot carry the DCT's jock strap. Not even close when comparing the two and that is not a knock on the A10. The DCT is just in a completely different league.
Right but it’s crazy how some GT500 owners have sold theirs due to the fact they hate the DCT.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Right but it’s crazy how some GT500 owners have sold theirs due to the fact they hate the DCT.
Interesting. I have not read that but that's the beauty of having choices.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I have not read that but that's the beauty of having choices.
Yes there is at least one here in this forum that I know for a fact sold his. And initially last year a few showed up used and the stories were the owners didn’t like the DCT and really wanted a manual. And that was the story for the forum member here he wanted a manual.
Sponsored