Supercharger Questions for a Daily Driver

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello guys, couple questions about superchargers. Now that many are out and have been tried and tested by many users, what is the best and most reliable supercharger for a daily driver. As in, which package is purchasable without having to upgrade anything on a stock car?

For just a regular guy looking for more power, the car will never be raced or on a track. Thanks for any input!
Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Whipple

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Pretty much any blower setup will work for you. Whipple, TVS, Roush, Procharger, Paxton all good options and all are reliable tuned properly.

Last edited:

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I've taken my procharged car on 4 1200 mile round trips and it hasn't given me any issues yet. It buckles a bit when taking off especially when it's cold but it's just cause it wants to take off lol.

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
As in, which package is purchasable without having to upgrade anything on a stock car?!
Putting any power adder on the engine it is highly recommended to upgrade the stock oil pump gear and lower crank sprocket to billet versions.

mibairho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, FP Roush S/C
Stock otherwise is not possible

I have a Ford Performance Roush Supercharger on my 2016 Mustang GT PP and absolutely love it. It drives fantastic mild or wild. No problems at all (it was installed by Ken Grody Ford).

Just a quick heads up about the keeping stock otherwise. I put Ford Performance Lowering Springs, Steeda Exreme G-Trac K Member Brace, Nitto 305/35/20 555r drag radials, and a Barton Hybrid 3 shifter. I get decent traction and no wheel hop. With 670hp from the FP Roush S/C, stock tires won't cut it. You will have to upgrade them.

Best of luck, you can't go wrong with any of the superchargers/prochargers on the market.

For what it's worth, the power is addicting and a kick in the pants to drive. :ford:

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
I daily drive my car and have approx 19K miles with the Whipple installed. No problems what so ever. Drives like stock when you want and drives like a bat out of hell when you want. :D

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
You can't go wrong with any of the systems out today man.
I've had my KB for over 10k miles now and shes still going strong. Daily driven, hot and cold.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Since Ford sells/installs the Roush, you could stick with that brand for a "warm fuzzy" if you will.

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Keep in mind not all are carb certified and cats my burn up in a shorter period of time. Whipple is carb cert. and has cat protection built into there calibration.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
[MENTION=27175]mibairho[/MENTION] - which Roush Stage package do you have?

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
I've taken my procharged car on 4 1200 mile round trips and it hasn't given me any issues yet. It buckles a bit when taking off especially when it's cold but it's just cause it wants to take off lol.
Who's tune you running?

OP
OP

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Appreciate all the input so far! I guess my eye is on the Whipple and Roush the most as it seems those are the most reputable and OEM like. So is it safe to say I'm okay with any of these on a stock Mustang GT for the long term?

To those who questioned, I do have BMR SP080 springs installed as well as 285/35/20 square Michelin PSS already. Thanks!

mibairho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, FP Roush S/C
[MENTION=27175]mibairho[/MENTION] - which Roush Stage package do you have?
I have the stage one 670hp kit. I have not got it dyno'd yet to see the true RWHP. Soon though for curiosity sake, but I'm totally satisfied with the mild manners when taking it easy, and the instant power.

I'll be honest, in California we only have crap 91 octane. I was getting a little pinging, but I found a gas station that sells 101 octane VP unleaded race fuel that's one my way to work. I put 3 gallons of 101, with 12 gallons of 91. Let's just say, it keeps her crisp and zero pinging.
Sponsored