Supercharger on MT82

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
hey guys. Currently have a 2018 gt 10r80 with an odin kit, considering trading for a 2020 pp1 mt82 and putting my odin kit on it. Ive seen some issues with the mt82..so im just wondering how this transmission holds up to boost? And if it needs to be built, how much does that normally cost?
Sponsored

Meat coyote racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
It depends on what you plan on doing with the car - just like everything else.

I make 800 wheel, still have the stock clutch and have had no issues with the trans.

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
It depends on what you plan on doing with the car - just like everything else.

I make 800 wheel, still have the stock clutch and have had no issues with the trans.
Nice to know. I have around the same power currently..just heard the mt82 normally doesnt hold up well to that power.

How is it driving DD and around town with that power and the manual?

Meat coyote racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Nice to know. I have around the same power currently..just heard the mt82 normally doesnt hold up well to that power.

How is it driving DD and around town with that power and the manual?
You definitely heard correctly about it not holding up well. There are well known issues with the mt82. There are tons of factors that go into it's reliability, how you drive it being the biggest, in my opinion. Another factor is probably luck.

If I were you, I would stay with the 10R80. The class action lawsuit against Ford regarding the mt82 should be a red flag if you are contemplating it.

It's not my daily but its drive ability is great. I have 3.31 gears so I think thats a reason why I don't mind it, considering the style of driving I like etc.

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
You definitely heard correctly about it not holding up well. There are well known issues with the mt82. There are tons of factors that go into it's reliability, how you drive it being the biggest, in my opinion. Another factor is probably luck.

If I were you, I would stay with the 10R80. The class action lawsuit against Ford regarding the mt82 should be a red flag if you are contemplating it.

It's not my daily but its drive ability is great. I have 3.31 gears so I think thats a reason why I don't mind it, considering the style of driving I like etc.
Gotcha. Appreciate it. Im thinking ill probably stick with my 10r80 until the mach 1 comes out then get that with the tremec.

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
hey guys. Currently have a 2018 gt 10r80 with an odin kit, considering trading for a 2020 pp1 mt82 and putting my odin kit on it. Ive seen some issues with the mt82..so im just wondering how this transmission holds up to boost? And if it needs to be built, how much does that normally cost?
The MT-82s are hit or miss. You can always get a built Calimer MT-82 transmission or do a T-56 Magnum Swap. We sell both here at www.lethalperformance.com. Please give us a call if you have any questions you would like answered. tel:1.561.753.8105

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
The MT-82s are hit or miss. You can always get a built Calimer MT-82 transmission or do a T-56 Magnum Swap. We sell both here at www.lethalperformance.com. Please give us a call if you have any questions you would like answered. tel:1.561.753.8105
thank you. if i opt for one ill definitely come to yall since ive gotten most my other stuff with you. However, idk if im liking the idea of buying a car already planning on swapping the transmission, when the mach 1 with the better transmission is coming. so ill probably wait.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
thank you. if i opt for one ill definitely come to yall since ive gotten most my other stuff with you. However, idk if im liking the idea of buying a car already planning on swapping the transmission, when the mach 1 with the better transmission is coming. so ill probably wait.
Transmission swap on a 5.0 would be a lot cheaper than buying a brand new Mach-1. I sell a lot of T56 magnum swaps and everyone loves them. IMO that's what they should have came with from the factory. We appreciate your business btw!

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Transmission swap on a 5.0 would be a lot cheaper than buying a brand new Mach-1. I sell a lot of T56 magnum swaps and everyone loves them. IMO that's what they should have came with from the factory. We appreciate your business btw!
thats true. i just think im gonna want a mach 1 and drive it till the wheels fall off. but we will see! i still havent made up my mind lol.

I believe you might be the andrew i worked with a decent bit recently with my forgestar bronze burst f14 wheels. If so, appreciate all of your help and all of ya'lls amazing customer service any time ive needed it! If not, i still appreciate yall lol

also definitely agree they should have came that way from the factory.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You definitely heard correctly about it not holding up well
Neither does the A10 clutches at around the same power level. With the MT82 it's more about the person shifting, not the trans itself. Although the 18's did have a shift fork problem, but Ford addressed that.

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
thats true. i just think im gonna want a mach 1 and drive it till the wheels fall off. but we will see! i still havent made up my mind lol.

I believe you might be the andrew i worked with a decent bit recently with my forgestar bronze burst f14 wheels. If so, appreciate all of your help and all of ya'lls amazing customer service any time ive needed it! If not, i still appreciate yall lol

also definitely agree they should have came that way from the factory.
Yup, that was me. I strive to give killer customer service here at Lethal. I appreciate the kind words. The Mach-1s are going to be awesome!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
for hardcore boosted manual, i'd jump to a t56/6060. much better manual trans, but personally id stick with a 10r

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Yup, that was me. I strive to give killer customer service here at Lethal. I appreciate the kind words. The Mach-1s are going to be awesome!
Of course man! I always appreciate yall helping me out and dealing with me probably being annoying calling so many times about the wheels! Lol

Cant wait for the mach 1

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
for hardcore boosted manual, i'd jump to a t56/6060. much better manual trans, but personally id stick with a 10r
I figured so. Sticking with the 10r means a lot coming from you though for sure.

I know its hard to say at this time..but what are your thoughts on the tremec in the upcoming mach 1 vs the 10r? Still prefer 10r? Or think its more of preference at that point (meaning they are more equal)?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I figured so. Sticking with the 10r means a lot coming from you though for sure.

I know its hard to say at this time..but what are your thoughts on the tremec in the upcoming mach 1 vs the 10r? Still prefer 10r? Or think its more of preference at that point (meaning they are more equal)?
depends on what your doing with the car. with the paddle shifters, you just get the best of both worlds, alot of fun on the backroads when you want it. leave it in drive when stock in traffic. pound out all the manual cars at the drag strip
Sponsored