Sponsored

Supercharger install Maryland

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
Hi Everyone,

i am thinking about installing a roots type supercharger on my 2018 GT. I am not so sure i feel up to installing it myself and are thinking about getting someone else to do that. I live in central Maryland, any ideas who in the are might be trusted with such and install? This is strictly for fun and street use BTW...

THANKS!
Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Hi Everyone,

i am thinking about installing a roots type supercharger on my 2018 GT. I am not so sure i feel up to installing it myself and are thinking about getting someone else to do that. I live in central Maryland, any ideas who in the are might be trusted with such and install? This is strictly for fun and street use BTW...

THANKS!
you could always go to a shop to do it.
A few options are Revolution Automotive in Baltimore that works heavily on mustangs and also provides great dyno tunes(so ive seen). They may be the best for install and tuning combo in the area.
Bill Wise at Burnt Mills Auto in Silver spring works a lot on mustangs. he has worked on my car and is very thorough.

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Hi Everyone,

THANKS!
Which kit? Edelbrock, Whipple?

OP
OP

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which kit? Edelbrock, Whipple?
One of the roots type - Whipple, Edelbrock, Kenne Bell..... I am looking for budget friendly more than max power as this is just a street toy. My last supercharger I installed myself and was a Magnusson on my 2003 Vette and I loved it. It was 535 RWHP and that was PLENTY. So something in the 550rwhp and up range. I want that supercharger whine as well.

*EDIT*

I was operating under a lack of information, somewhere along the line the TVS style screws came out and are quiet by nature. I would get one of the non TVS type (Whipple I think? Maybe Kenne Bell?) i will have to check that out

Last edited:

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I'd stay away from roush on the Gen 3 coyote, and do some research on the torque curve of the whipple vs the edelbrock. You're going to fine more installers in the area have dealt with them. @Evolution Performance just north of us in PA are some of the leaders on the 18+ Edelbrock cars and I've ridden in one of their development cars and it was no slouch as a full weight, daily fun car.

The Whipple is definitely the most popular PD blower on our cars and like Warren said, Rev Auto up near Baltimore can install definitely that for you. I've ridden in a mt82 15-17 they did as well. I'd call around for specials from @beefcake and @LethalPerformance as well as the local shops if price is one of your main determining factors.

Sponsored

OP
OP

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd stay away from roush on the Gen 3 coyote, and do some research on the torque curve of the whipple vs the edelbrock. You're going to fine more installers in the area have dealt with them. @Evolution Performance just north of us in PA are some of the leaders on the 18+ Edelbrock cars and I've ridden in one of their development cars and it was no slouch as a full weight, daily fun car.

The Whipple is definitely the most popular PD blower on our cars and like Warren said, Rev Auto up near Baltimore can install definitely that for you. I've ridden in a mt82 15-17 they did as well. I'd call around for specials from @beefcake and @LethalPerformance as well as the local shops if price is one of your main determining factors.
THANKS for the tip - you are not the first one to caution about Roush for these cars.

kh1818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
THANKS for the tip - you are not the first one to caution about Roush for these cars.
did you end up selecting a shop? If so, would you mind sharing what kit, how much the cost of labor was, and your experience with the shop? I'm entertaining the same idea.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I have to ask why you recommended staying away from Roush? They are overly conservative on the tune, but the OP did say he is not looking for max horsepower on his "street, fun car".

OP
OP

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
did you end up selecting a shop? If so, would you mind sharing what kit, how much the cost of labor was, and your experience with the shop? I'm entertaining the same idea.
I have not moved on it yet, I may just do it myself, it is not a hard job. i am still leaning to the Whipple.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I've heard good things about Rev Auto and have personal good experience with JPC Racing

Sponsored
OP
OP

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rev Auto-- Adam is one of the best tuners around
It looks like SOMEBODY (not me) got a SMOKING deal on a Roush Phase 2 supercharger from Rev Auto, was that you?

UnsatOFGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Why not roush for Gen 3?
Sponsored