Supercharger install Maryland

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic USA' started by bigfoot21075, Feb 7, 2020.

1. bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
    0   0   0
    Hi Everyone,

i am thinking about installing a roots type supercharger on my 2018 GT. I am not so sure i feel up to installing it myself and are thinking about getting someone else to do that. I live in central Maryland, any ideas who in the are might be trusted with such and install? This is strictly for fun and street use BTW...

THANKS!

2. Biggsy

Biggsy Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Warren
    Vehicle(s):
    '17 GT PP, '02 4Runner
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    you could always go to a shop to do it.
    A few options are Revolution Automotive in Baltimore that works heavily on mustangs and also provides great dyno tunes(so ive seen). They may be the best for install and tuning combo in the area.
    Bill Wise at Burnt Mills Auto in Silver spring works a lot on mustangs. he has worked on my car and is very thorough.

bigfoot21075 likes this.
  3. NotMarc

NotMarc Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    18 GT 401a
    0   0   0
    Which kit? Edelbrock, Whipple?

4. OP
    OP
    bigfoot21075

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    #4 bigfoot21075, Feb 20, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    One of the roots type - Whipple, Edelbrock, Kenne Bell..... I am looking for budget friendly more than max power as this is just a street toy. My last supercharger I installed myself and was a Magnusson on my 2003 Vette and I loved it. It was 535 RWHP and that was PLENTY. So something in the 550rwhp and up range. I want that supercharger whine as well.

*EDIT*

I was operating under a lack of information, somewhere along the line the TVS style screws came out and are quiet by nature. I would get one of the non TVS type (Whipple I think? Maybe Kenne Bell?) i will have to check that out

5. NotMarc

NotMarc Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    18 GT 401a
    0   0   0
    I'd stay away from roush on the Gen 3 coyote, and do some research on the torque curve of the whipple vs the edelbrock. You're going to fine more installers in the area have dealt with them. @Evolution Performance just north of us in PA are some of the leaders on the 18+ Edelbrock cars and I've ridden in one of their development cars and it was no slouch as a full weight, daily fun car.

The Whipple is definitely the most popular PD blower on our cars and like Warren said, Rev Auto up near Baltimore can install definitely that for you. I've ridden in a mt82 15-17 they did as well. I'd call around for specials from @beefcake and @LethalPerformance as well as the local shops if price is one of your main determining factors.

6. OP
    OP
    bigfoot21075

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    THANKS for the tip - you are not the first one to caution about Roush for these cars.