Suite case res. Del BIG MISTAKE????

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
I had the Steeda H-Pipe on for a couple days........

My car sounded like a Tractor at low speeds but OK on acceleration...each mode was a good bit louder....removed and replaced the stock resonator..............
For what year models was you Steeda Pipe? If it is the 2018-2020(555-3619) do you want to sell it?

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Looks like the little one approves!
Exhaust sound is very subjective, But I've owned over 20 performance cars including Hellcats and GT500s, and this is the best stock exhaust note by far. Ford really nailed it. I'm a little surprised at the sound you're getting. From my experience, an H pipe is less raspy than an X pipe. This comes from experimenting with a lots of exhausts over the years. Nothing worse than rasp to ruin a good exhaust note. Put the suitcase back on and enjoy.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
To each their own. I have about 3000 mi on my Bullitt with an h pipe. Love the sound! Just like oem but louder. For me.....perfect. Usually drive in sport mode. Dont really care for the track sound.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
One of the things that the engineers who interviewed for my book Mustang Bullitt - Generations told me was that the resonator was packed a bit differently for the Bullitt. Removing it would result in a harsher tone, using the chief engineer's words. He also mentioned that the Mustang engineers know that people might want to change it out :)

What people perceive from the exhaust sound, as others have mentioned, is highly subjective. However, Ford worked hard on the sound for the Bullitt, and I think it reminds me quite a bit of the character of the Mustang sound in the Bullitt movie. There's volume, a bit deeper tone, and a "smooth" sound in what I hear.

By the way, those working on the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt liked the stock S550 Bullitt sound so much they didn't alter it.

Sponsored

OmniStrife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt (Magneride & Elec. Pkg.)
Vehicle Showcase
Exhaust sound is very subjective, But I've owned over 20 performance cars including Hellcats and GT500s, and this is the best stock exhaust note by far. Ford really nailed it. I'm a little surprised at the sound you're getting. From my experience, an H pipe is less raspy than an X pipe. This comes from experimenting with a lots of exhausts over the years. Nothing worse than rasp to ruin a good exhaust note. Put the suitcase back on and enjoy.
I agree. Every "mod" I've heard so far just makes it sound worse, and more GT-esque.

OmniStrife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt (Magneride & Elec. Pkg.)
Vehicle Showcase
One thing I've learned listening to exhaust videos on youtube, they pretty much don't capture the real sound at all. As someone without active exhaust I think it sounds great, but it's just too quiet for me. I can't even hear the exhaust with the windows down above 40 ish unless I'm flooring it, the wind noise overpowers it.
this one is the best by far for the sound.

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I don't disagree with those who have said that the stock exhaust note is perfect because I think that is a pretty accurate claim, but I love the Steeda h-pipe. The sound reminds me of a GT350 with a lower register.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I don't disagree with those who have said that the stock exhaust note is perfect because I think that is a pretty accurate claim, but I love the Steeda h-pipe. The sound reminds me of a GT350 with a lower register.
I have all factory active exhaust except a Steeda H pipe, and I'm very happy with the sound.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I hear a stock Bullitt with Steeda H pipe on a dyno at Carisle and knew instantly I wanted one.

That said I feel leik anyone that expected their Modern mustang to douns liek an older pushrod 5.0 was a bit out of date. NO modular/DOHC/SOHC Mustang ever sounds like the old push rods. The 2v 4.6 can sound SIMILAR with the right exhaust/cam, but that's as close as you'll get.

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
I hear a stock Bullitt with Steeda H pipe on a dyno at Carisle and knew instantly I wanted one.

That said I feel leik anyone that expected their Modern mustang to douns liek an older pushrod 5.0 was a bit out of date. NO modular/DOHC/SOHC Mustang ever sounds like the old push rods. The 2v 4.6 can sound SIMILAR with the right exhaust/cam, but that's as close as you'll get.
I have an MRT H-pipe with 2011/12 GT500 mufflers. This combo comes extremely close, particularly at idle, acceleration and cruising. It still keeps a deep tone under hard acceleration.
Sponsored