Sponsored

Suggestion for engine upgrade and to keep it daily use??

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
E85 availability while getting 10mpg in a car whose fuel system hates life under half a tank.

For a daily I'd do head studs and valve springs at most while keeping it under 900whp and call it a day.
Realistically would get like 4-7mpg depending on how the car is setup. I talked to a dude with a e85 gt500 (stock or bolt ons) and he was averaging like 6mpg. Less than a 100 miles a tank I think. Yes it’s a blower car so less efficient, but with a 1500hp setup lots of differences so hard to estimate mpg.

And ya no high power pulls under half tank.
Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
and actually am looking for faster and trying to keep it daily as iam entering some racing competition ( roll race not for drag at all)
If u think guys its not possible then i will aboard the idea unfortunately because my target to make it as fast as possible and keep it daily too
I think it’s just going to be a challenge to have it make that kind of power and be an okay daily. You can do it.

You will have to make sacrifices. You will get terrible fuel mileage. At that hp you will want to run e85 full time as those big injectors needed for 1500hp+ with e85 won’t like pump gas. This will give you about 100 miles a tank where you can only have fun the first half tank and when you get low have to be really careful not to get on it. You will have a loud ass car. Not just the exhaust but the suspension modifications you will make will add nvh.

I think the lambo and r8 platforms are a lot better cars to have a “daily” 1500hp+ car. I think it’s doable on the Mustang. But most aftermarket’s at those power are designed for pure race cars. Where the lambo and r8 crowd have a big emphasis on making there cars street cars too.

Now saying all this I could definitely see myself having a 1500hp+ mustang and daily driving it every once and awhile haha.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Fuel economy doesn't have to be horrific with higher HP depending on how your tune handles lower rpms. If you're insisting on climbing high in the rpms often, yes, it's going to suffer, even with a modest tune and on E85, it's never going to get great MPG but it doesn't have to be single digit economy.

And you can stomp with less than 1/2 tank if you've setup the fuel system properly. A little more complicated than the typical goto "Fore" style system, but it can be done. I ran out of fuel at 1125 wheel but I have yet to add to the booster, which would put me well over 1500 wheel capable.

Point is, if you've set the car up to properly handle traction, it'll never or RARELY see 1500 hp on the street. In lower gears, it's going to be severely limiting torque output (either mechanically by bleeding off boost or through the tune by limiting air load and throttle angle).

If you set it up to see 1500 hp without controls or limits, it's going to just be stupidly annoying to drive on the street, as you'll never get traction in any gear or rpm. If you move your right foot even a micron it's going to get loose in the rear.

With sophisticated boost controllers, you can have a great setup where you daily it on gate and only add in the full capabilities under a different boost setting or through a scramble button. With a proper traction control strategy, it might be able to make 1500 wheel, but the tune is constantly limiting the throttle to ensure you see much less than that (and keep the tires from spinning).

A deeper discussion of all this is the philosophy of over building the power train so that you're not running on the ragged edge. If you want it to reliably handle 1500 hp, you should be building it to handle 2000+ HP and 1500 ft-lbs of torque. If you had to provide a warranty where you're obligated to repair any failures for someone else's car, you'd insist that it's capable of handling much more, that way it'll live longer at the output level.

horsepower addiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
s550
Ok wait a second. Are we talking about a car that will see 1500h.p every day. Or are we talking about a car that can make a glory pull and hit 1500hp once in a while but daily’s somewhere around 800hp ?

Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
1500 wheel CAPABLE (on E85) then dialing it back down to 850-1000 MAYBE but he still ain't getting 20mpg. If his lie-o-meter in the car says he is, that's because when you tune the car, the variables the ECU uses change. Hand calculating mine in mixed driving, I am seeing about 15.6mpg and the lie-o-meter says 18mpg.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
@nnnnnn
1710362039948-c7.png
Much?

Start your own thread about how your 1000 HP car dead hooks on All seasons, The gentleman from Saudi Arabia is trying to figure out how to build a 1500 hp daily

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
1500 wheel CAPABLE (on E85) then dialing it back down to 850-1000 MAYBE but he still ain't getting 20mpg. If his lie-o-meter in the car says he is, that's because when you tune the car, the variables the ECU uses change. Hand calculating mine in mixed driving, I am seeing about 15.6mpg and the lie-o-meter says 18mpg.
Not even, I don't think I ever got 20 mpg even when I was N/A E85. Maybe if he has some sorta flex capability and he's running like mid range content.

20 mpg would be over 300 miles per tank. Is there ANYONE in the S550 community who's EVER gotten 300 miles out of a tank of E85? It's laughable.

OP
OP

Badr R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Badr
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
Ok wait a second. Are we talking about a car that will see 1500h.p every day. Or are we talking about a car that can make a glory pull and hit 1500hp once in a while but daily’s somewhere around 800hp ?
Yes this what i am talking about
I would drive daily with 800 but has the hidden power of 1500 hp which will be used only in the race circuit

OP
OP

Badr R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Badr
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
Thanks everyone for your reply and feedback
If u have any other comments or tips plz let me know
Sponsored