Suctioning noise when reving

Ores550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ore
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
I have the roush catback installed on my 2018 mustang GT and I have noticed some weird suctioning noise when I rev in idle when the rpms goes back down I hear some weird noise wandering if this is normal and if anyone knows what's wrong.
thanks.

I have a video that you can hear it but it wont let me uploaded here.
Sponsored

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Check for exhaust leaks, but otherwise it might just be your intake.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My Bullitt sounds like you're describing, so probably 'normal' for open CAIs. I don't like it, to be honest, but it's not a huge deal. Wish my car had the regular closed airbox, but it is what it is. Not going to change anything. Post the video on Youtube, then just post the link here. Curious how it sounds, and myself and others can tell you right away if our cars sound the same or not.

OP
OP

Ores550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ore
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT

It wasn't like that in the beginning I installed it 10 month ago but it started doing that few weeks ago I'm starting to think it might be a vaccum leak cause I feel the idle is lower and kinda late throttle response/loss of power

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That sounds weird. Are your valves vacuum operated? That might explain your suspicion, but to be honest, doesn't sound like a vacuum leak to me, but could be a really weird one. You need to crawl under the car while somebody blips the throttle, to determine where exactly it's coming from. You should be able to tell, since it's relatively loud. Good luck.

OP
OP

Ores550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ore
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Thanks I think I'll just take it to ford so they can inspect it and tell me what it is for sure!
Sponsored