strut tower brace for convertible?

dougpaw57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost Premium Convertible
On the earlier Ecoboosts, the K Brace was not metal but some type of plastic or fiberglass. Check to see if yours is actually metal.

CVCashmere
Nope, it's all steel. All of the convertibles I looked at had the full K brace in steel.
Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
My '18 has a steel brace from cowl to strut towers. I have considered adding the strut tower brace as well. I think that the aftermarket subframe braces would probably do more for rigidity, if you were budget minded and were only going to do one. The strut brace is an easier install, though.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I have an ecoboost convertible. Just wondered how much improvement to the handling and front-end rigidity would a Ford strut tower brace kit add to my car. Anyone done this mod?
My convertible has a strut tower brace AND the 2 point steeda sub frame brace AND jacking rails... it's still not as rigid as a hard top. However, when the top is down, you notice it a lot less. It's just the way convertibles are. I think the only thing that would really stiffen it to is a welded and bolted in roll cage.

More directly to your question, it did help a bit adding that stuff.

Last edited:

dougpaw57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)

dougpaw57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Can get a used GT strut brace cheap.

I have the HPP vert and its as stiff as my 2018 Volvo S60. I

Just for fun when I needed a wheel swap I jack it up on the front poi t to get rear wheel off the ground as well like I do for all vehicles when swapping wheels, and the structural twist is about the same.

Definately get the strut brace bottom chassis braces. Very little cost for huge gains.
All the used GT braces seem to be going for ~$130-140 range, plus shipping. This is $85, shipped.

EDIT: Plus, the new one wouldn't have holes in it where I drill out the rivets holding the GT badge on.
Sponsored

Last edited: