strut tower brace for convertible?

Tom M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium 'vert
I have an ecoboost convertible. Just wondered how much improvement to the handling and front-end rigidity would a Ford strut tower brace kit add to my car. Anyone done this mod?
Sponsored

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
Opps, mad bad. I did not see you have an eco boost.
makes no sense that ford did not include it on the eco boost as wellšŸ™„šŸ™„

it will definitely help, and if you are looking for even more, go with a 4 point or 2 point, depending on the budget, G track brace.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Honestly, I took mine off as it doesnā€™t fit with my supercharger. I never noticed anything removing it. Sure, I wish I could still run it and Iā€™m sure it does help, but I never noticed any changes or Iā€™ll effects when I took it off.

Sponsored

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I took mine off as it doesnā€™t fit with my supercharger. I never noticed anything removing it. Sure, I wish I could still run it and Iā€™m sure it does help, but I never noticed any changes or Iā€™ll effects when I took it off.

Maybe in time you might see the effects of not having it?

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Maybe in time you might see the effects of not having it?
Maybe. But itā€™s been 2 years now and havenā€™t missed it yet. Maybe I donā€™t push the corners hard enough? I have a decent curb on my driveway and havenā€™t noticed any real flex to the car. Itā€™s a GT so it does have the other bracing that came with the PP2 package I believe. So thereā€™s that. Iā€™m a little surprised the Ecoboosts donā€™t have the strut bar. Did they come with the other bracing? The one on the firewall and the other under the car. Not sure of names lol.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Maybe. But itā€™s been 2 years now and havenā€™t missed it yet. Maybe I donā€™t push the corners hard enough? I have a decent curb on my driveway and havenā€™t noticed any real flex to the car. Itā€™s a GT so it does have the other bracing that came with the PP2 package I believe. So thereā€™s that. Iā€™m a little surprised the Ecoboosts donā€™t have the strut bar. Did they come with the other bracing? The one on the firewall and the other under the car. Not sure of names lol.
Thereā€™s a cowl brace, a cowl extension, a lower k member brace that comes with the PP and the 2 or 4 point rear k member brace from, for example, Steeda.

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think itā€™s time to push it šŸ¤£
it is a mustang eh šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø
just donā€™t make yourself famous on YouTubešŸ˜Ž

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I think itā€™s time to push it šŸ¤£
it is a mustang eh šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø
just donā€™t make yourself famous on YouTubešŸ˜Ž
Lol. Yea maybe. More of a straight line guy in this car. Gets pushed hard there.

Maybe Iā€™ll look into some autocrosses... used to LOVE those in my Miata.

Sponsored

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. Yea maybe. More of a straight line guy in this car. Gets pushed hard there.

Maybe Iā€™ll look into some autocrosses... used to LOVE those in my Miata.
low,light four corner wheel cars
never underestimate them šŸ˜Ž

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Buy the Ford Performance strut bar and K brace that sits on top above the engine. Buy the separate Ford firewall piece that the k brace attaches to.

It will tighten the car up. Then, do what I did and add a Steeda 2-point bar below. That should give you a more solid feel.

CVCashmere

OP
OP
Tom M

Tom M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium 'vert
Thanks for all the replies, folks. Gonna start with the Ford Performance braces, and see where it goes from there (if anywhere).

dougpaw57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost Premium Convertible
All convertibles come with the K-brace tying the shock towers and cowl together. I'm wondering if that is enough, or if the strut tower brace is needed too.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
All convertibles come with the K-brace tying the shock towers and cowl together. I'm wondering if that is enough, or if the strut tower brace is needed too.
On the earlier Ecoboosts, the K Brace was not metal but some type of plastic or fiberglass. Check to see if yours is actually metal.

CVCashmere
Sponsored