Cypress98

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 5.0 GT Auto
Hi

I bought a RHD one from Levittown Ford on a trip to the US. It included the K-brace, and the spacers, the strut brace and replacement nuts.

I don't understand why the K-brace was included

Paul

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
The K brace is part of the optional Performance Pack in the US - RHD cars effectively have PP as standard so all already have the K Brace. If you can think of a good use for it let me know as we have spare ones here too...

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Hi

I bought a RHD one from Levittown Ford on a trip to the US. It included the K-brace, and the spacers, the strut brace and replacement nuts.

I don't understand why the K-brace was included

Paul
What did it cost? I'm over there soon and might do the same

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I bought my Bullitt brace from Levittown Ford £90 shipping + £50 tax. Machined it it my garage to fit RHD car in a few minutes :) @hinch its much heavier than the GT350 brace

Sponsored

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
I bought my Bullitt brace from Levittown Ford £90 shipping + £50 tax. Machined it it my garage to fit RHD car in a few minutes :) @hinch its much heavier than the GT350 brace
Thanks! Did you have to order it in or is it something they carry? My dad has a machine shop so we should be able make it fit. Is there instructions to do this or is it obvious?

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Thanks! Did you have to order it in or is it something they carry? My dad has a machine shop so we should be able make it fit. Is there instructions to do this or is it obvious?
Mine is Bullitt specific i.e. it's a standard brace but says Bullitt on it :) Machining it I did by eye. Marked it where it was touching the K brace and removed about 4mm depth in an arc with a hand grinder. Painted with varnish to stop it rusting. Sits flat and looks like it should not propped up with washers.

Iron Duke

Iron Duke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Mine is Bullitt specific i.e. it's a standard brace but says Bullitt on it :) Machining it I did by eye. Marked it where it was touching the K brace and removed about 4mm depth in an arc with a hand grinder. Painted with varnish to stop it rusting. Sits flat and looks like it should not propped up with washers.
Hi Spider, I also got the Brace from Levittown, I haven't got access to a grinder, how bad do you think it would be with washers? have you got any photos?

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
I can vouch that Richard's (spider) looks absolutely ace....like oem

Bob

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Hi Spider, I also got the Brace from Levittown, I haven't got access to a grinder, how bad do you think it would be with washers? have you got any photos?
I don't know to be honest I just wanted it to look OEM. Some people are quite happy with the washers. Mine wraps around the K brace from the back. From the front it looks stock.

I just used an electric drill in a vice fitted with a grinding stone (just so that I could position it where I had room the manoeuvre the strut). Marked out the brace with a marker pen and holding the strut ground to the marked line. You could hold the strut and have the drill free but I didn't want to mark it as sometimes when grinding like that the stone can grab and race across where you don't want to cut :)

Sponsored

Iron Duke

Iron Duke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I don't know to be honest I just wanted it to look OEM. Some people are quite happy with the washers. Mine wraps around the K brace from the back. From the front it looks stock.

I just used an electric drill in a vice fitted with a grinding stone (just so that I could position it where I had room the manoeuvre the strut). Marked out the brace with a marker pen and holding the strut ground to the marked line. You could hold the strut and have the drill free but I didn't want to mark it as sometimes when grinding like that the stone can grab and race across where you don't want to cut :)
Cheers for that, might get a professional to do it, probably dangerous in my hands!

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Only needed a small amount of relief over the k-brace on the driver’s side to fit US 350 brace. No spacers necessary.
C9B9FC47-DEB2-4A53-9654-1C76C38403E1.jpeg

Iron Duke

Iron Duke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Only needed a small amount of relief over the k-brace on the driver’s side to fit US 350 brace. No spacers necessary.
C9B9FC47-DEB2-4A53-9654-1C76C38403E1.jpeg
Is there a Torque setting for the nuts?