Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Did you ever receive the CAD's on this ?
See post #31.

Otherwise, images of the 2D drawings are posted elsewhere in the thread.....
Sponsored

S550Will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
See post #31.

Otherwise, images of the 2D drawings are posted elsewhere in the thread.....
I may be able to draft some up. I may do this at work today since I have some down time. I'll post them up if I can get it done.

S550Will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Here are the files. It will not allow me to upload the CAD file. If you need it shoot me a PM with your email.
15-17 Manifold Bracket.jpg

Attachments

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Well, it looks like it’s time to bring this thread back from the dead, at least briefly…

In the summer of ’20 I sold off my ’18 intake and everything associated with it without ever installing it, with the intent to wait out ADMs and order a ’22 GT500. So I just loaded a flex tune into the GT at the time and called it good, and it was. In the meantime, the lunacy surrounding Covid, the chip shortage, and the consequent skyrocketing of car prices all hit. The chance of securing a GT500 at sticker is now very slim to none so I figured it was time to just take the GT a step further, and say to hell with buying another snake and the dealer tactics that go with it. That Shelby jing will be better spent on more real estate.

Behold the latest upgrade: GT500 valve covers, GT350 intake manifold, 47# injectors, and Bullitt/Mach1 fuel rail covers for a new look. Can’t wait for spring…

PXL_20211228_222854855.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20211228_222838916.NIGHT.jpg

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The end of last winter saw the installation of the Bullitt calipers to add a little pop. It didn't dawn on me that I hadn't taken any pictures of the car after I put them on until I took a few shots over the weekend.

The fall colors are showing along the river in the background, which prompted the pics.

fall.jpg

PXL_20221002_152653243.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Looks great, the red is a nice little accent.

I've always loved the stealthy look that your car has. I kinda want to go back to that look myself lol.

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Looks great, the red is a nice little accent.

I've always loved the stealthy look that your car has. I kinda want to go back to that look myself lol.
Thanks!

The caliper swap was somewhat of a gamble for me, as the stealthy exterior look was always the intent. But it kept nagging on my brain that the calipers would tie into the interior and also my various BMR parts (also red).

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Time for some grommet relocation brackets. Long ago I had bought the setup that a member was selling to mount the intake cover to the GT350 manifold, thinking I might install that manifold someday if the price ever got appealing; then along came the 2018 intake. These consist of a bar that spans the studs on the top of the intake (these mount under everything else that uses these studs), with a grommet tab, and standoffs to space the grommet tab off the bar. The designer/maker of these was a little off on the grommet spacing relative to the stud holes on the mounting bars, so I made an educated guess based on the bore centers of the Coyote and made new ones; the grommet tabs were on the money at least. Bingo. The standoff lengths need to be different from side to side as the threaded stud bosses are different heights (longer on the driver side), and a little trial and error was needed to dial in the lengths to my satisfaction. Here’s the end product, with a very poorly painted intake cover confirming fit.
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Wow, I'm so happy I found this thread.

I've been wanting to do the manifold swap for a very long time but I love my painted engine cover and the 18+ is ugly.

Few questions.
1. So all you dremeled was all the way to those holes and the mount for the imrc stuff?
Probably got to be careful and not go through the manifold.. lol

2. On the bracket. How do the bar and the legs attach? Those legs threaded for screws or those rivets?

Thanks

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Wow, I'm so happy I found this thread.

I've been wanting to do the manifold swap for a very long time but I love my painted engine cover and the 18+ is ugly.

Few questions.
1. So all you dremeled was all the way to those holes and the mount for the imrc stuff?
Probably got to be careful and not go through the manifold.. lol

2. On the bracket. How do the bar and the legs attach? Those legs threaded for screws or those rivets?

Thanks
Yes, I Dremeled clearance for the grommets as well as the boss for the IMRC. The bars just mount to the studs present on the top of the manifold as seen, and the rest of the fabricated parts screw together.