Sponsored

Stripes-good idea or bad idea?

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
I've been craving some stripes because I have seen others, and some look dead sexy. Kinda hesitant cause, it's rare and all. Fellow limited edition owners, what say you?
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
On an LE, no. Would cheapen the upscale look given by the chrome accents and machined face wheels. In my opinion.

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
I vote no as well.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
On Kona, silver stripes might look good. AKA 08 Shelby GT look
On WW-NO!
When Mustangs first came out in 64...they stressed it was a buyers car and could be optioned(hugh list) for people to build their own dream....Country club cruiser to hot rod....

The 2015 LE was clearly built be be the upper end "country club" version.... the hot road is coming next year in the GT350.

Your car- do as you want...but I still question why people buy very rare, factory limited editions, and then rebuild them--that is what a Normal GT is for (building your own version)

Last edited:

Furilic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP
I wouldn't on a limited edition.

Sponsored

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
Except for the intake and exhaust, I think we should leave our LE's as is.
Agreed, only thing I would even consider on my LE is a catback system just to give it some added rumble...:cheers:

JCMoya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Limited Edition
I've been debating the same thing. As an owner of a KB LE, I think light silver or white stripes would look good. They are removable so I don't see the big deal about adding them to an LE. If you get tired of them, the removal process is short and does not damage the vehicle.

Hey, it is your car..... like it? have the money? Do it!

I plan to get mine from bigworm but the big question for me is........ who should I trust to install them? I have never had something like this done to any of my cars nor have I had the experience. I am very "anal retentive" with my cars so trusting someone else messing around with the exterior is too stressful for me. At the same time, if I do it myself...... it could end up being a $250 waste.

I like this.....

Last edited:

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I don't think i have ever seen a S550 that could pull off stripes.

Sponsored

KB894

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT LE # 894 - Kona Blue - Auto
Agreed, only thing I would even consider on my LE is a catback system just to give it some added rumble...:cheers:
I agree. I added Magnaflow street axle back and will never regret it. I kept the original mufflers. The only other change I will make is the custom illuminated sill plates if that ever happens. Love the Kona blue just the way it is.

OP
OP
thaext

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
I've been debating the same thing. As an owner of a KB LE, I think light silver or white stripes would look good. They are removable so I don't see the big deal about adding them to an LE. If you get tired of them, the removal process is short and does not damage the vehicle.

Hey, it is your car..... like it? have the money? Do it!

I plan to get mine from bigworm but the big question for me is........ who should I trust to install them? I have never had something like this done to any of my cars nor have I had the experience. I am very "anal retentive" with my cars so trusting someone else messing around with the exterior is too stressful for me. At the same time, if I do it myself...... it could end up being a $250 waste.

I like this.....

I've been talking with David from Big Worm and he's a really stand up guy. I told him my questions/concerns and basically said the same thing. He sent me some options that will go with Kona, and they are either matte black, gloss white, or metallic silver. It depends on if you want a subtle look or one that shows. Here is a Kona 12 GT500, which made me think "damn, that doesn't look half bad"

Unlike that, I'd go with the gt350 inspired stripes.

Bo50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
50 Years LE WW 6sp #1353
Might look good, but I wouldn't on my LE

fender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini JCW/50th LE
Being a Mini driver for over 10 years ,with stripes for 5 of those years, I can tell you stripes get old pretty fast. They are cool for a few years but then the nostalgia/cool look just fades. When I got my Mini JCW I did not put stripes on this of my 3rd Mini and IMHO it looks better.
So my LE Mustang is a no brainer…. definitely not.