bammons88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
hey everyone,
Brought home my 2020 GT last Monday. Loving the car and throughly enjoying every minute of driving it. I've washed it twice so far and noticed something odd. When washing the car both times, upon cleaning the front grill and hosing it down shortly after I hear what I can only describe as a electrical buzzing sound almost sound like one of those static plasma globes that you can touch and make follow the tips of your fingers lol. I've popped the hood both times and listened and its loudest right next to the left hand side of the radiator. From what I can see there are no electronics in that area. I've checked all surrounding wiring and plugs and everything is tight. The only thing I could figure that's electronic is the active grill shutters and the fans behind the radiator. Has anyone else heard anything like this? Are there any electronics up their i could have missed or should check?? I have no sounds driving the car or even shutting it off and letting it sit. Its only when I wash it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yea it's the grill shutters. Or your ride could be a decepticon.

OP
OP
bammons88

bammons88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
I found a video someone else posted in the forums of the exact sound, it does sound like a deception lol. This is it..

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
hey everyone,
Brought home my 2020 GT last Monday. Loving the car and throughly enjoying every minute of driving it. I've washed it twice so far and noticed something odd. When washing the car both times, upon cleaning the front grill and hosing it down shortly after I hear what I can only describe as a electrical buzzing sound almost sound like one of those static plasma globes that you can touch and make follow the tips of your fingers lol. I've popped the hood both times and listened and its loudest right next to the left hand side of the radiator. From what I can see there are no electronics in that area. I've checked all surrounding wiring and plugs and everything is tight. The only thing I could figure that's electronic is the active grill shutters and the fans behind the radiator. Has anyone else heard anything like this? Are there any electronics up their i could have missed or should check?? I have no sounds driving the car or even shutting it off and letting it sit. Its only when I wash it.
Have to wonder somehow hitting the shutter with water is activating the shutter
Sponsored