Sponsored

Strange error code...

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Yesterday I got the check engine light... loaded ForScan to see what's going on and I've noticed an error that isn't listed anywhere, and stupidly I reset it without taking note of it, believing I would remember the number.. but I forgot it like 45 seconds after (lol) .. (on this point, does anyone know if Forscan has a log file where I can retrieve it after have quit it?).

I tried to search online for what I could remember and didn't found anything in the list of known error codes, probably because those lists are about the US models, while mine is EU.

It was something like: P02..... and the description was about the "particulate filter" and there was the word "deteriorated" and the letter "A" (bank?) ...and if I'm not wrong the word "missing".. this is all I remember.

Does it says anything to you? I have already checked the list of error codes for the words above, but none matches what I read in Forscan. I believe it could be due to the EPA thing in the EU models? Damn, I should have taken a screen... now I will check if it'll come up again, hoping it's nothing serious (the car seem to perform OK).
Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
this is all i could find with the keywords you have listed above.
i thought that a p02 was one of the cat efficiency ones as i had to clear it a few times on my 16 that had long tubes. maybe it will pop back up and be something simple.

P2002 Particulate Trap Efficiency Below Threshold
P2003 Particulate Trap Efficiency Below Threshold
P0897 Transmission Fluid Deteriorated
P2572 Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Deterioration Sensor Circuit
P2573 Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Deterioration Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
P2574 Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Deterioration Sensor Circuit Low
P2575 Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Deterioration Sensor Circuit High
P2576 Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Deterioration Sensor Circuit Intermittent/Erratic

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your only bet on FORScan is that the code stayed on one of the top 2 menus. The top one is 'Vehicle and Interface information' (a blue car with an 'i'); check on 'configuration', and 'log'. And the second and most likely one is DTCs; hopefully the code stayed there, even if you erased it on the car. Hope you find it there. Good luck.

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
this is all i could find with the keywords you have listed above.
i thought that a p02 was one of the cat efficiency ones as i had to clear it a few times on my 16 that had long tubes. maybe it will pop back up and be something simple.

P2002 Particulate Trap Efficiency Below Threshold
P2003 Particulate Trap Efficiency Below Threshold
P0897 Transmission Fluid Deteriorated
P2572 Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Deterioration Sensor Circuit
P2573 Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Deterioration Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
P2574 Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Deterioration Sensor Circuit Low
P2575 Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Deterioration Sensor Circuit High
P2576 Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Deterioration Sensor Circuit Intermittent/Erratic
I do have these error codes already (as I mentioned in the first post), it was none of them.

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Your only bet on FORScan is that the code stayed on one of the top 2 menus. The top one is 'Vehicle and Interface information' (a blue car with an 'i'); check on 'configuration', and 'log'. And the second and most likely one is DTCs; hopefully the code stayed there, even if you erased it on the car. Hope you find it there. Good luck.
Thanks, will take a look.
However I did more 500Km and the error didn't show up again.

Sponsored

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
They come up again... :( ...the responsible of the CEL is the baro sensor it seems, the others are silent.

Code:
===PCM DTC P061A:00-68===
Code: P061A - Internal Control Module Torque Performance

- Previously Set DTC - Not Present at Time of Request
 - Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC
 - Test not complete

Module: Powertrain Control Module

===END PCM DTC P061A:00-68===

===PCM DTC P2227:00-E8===
Code: P2227 - Barometric Pressure Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance

- Previously Set DTC - Not Present at Time of Request
 - Malfunction Indicator Lamp is On for this DTC
 - Test not complete

===END PCM DTC P2227:00-E8===

===PCM DTC P226D:00-24===
Code: P226D - Particulate Filter Deteriorated/Missing Substrate Bank 1

- DTC Maturing - Intermittent at Time of Request

===END PCM DTC P226D:00-24===

===PCM DTC P226E:00-2F===
Code: P226E - Particulate Filter Deteriorated/Missing Substrate Bank 2

- DTC Present at Time of Request

===END PCM DTC P226E:00-2F===

===OBDII DTC P2227-C===
Code: P2227 - Barometric Pressure Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance

- Confirmed - malfunction is confirmed

Module: On Board Diagnostic II

===END OBDII DTC P2227-C===

===OBDII DTC P226D-P===
Code: P226D - Particulate Filter Deteriorated/Missing Substrate Bank 1

- Pending - malfunction is expected to be confirmed

Module: On Board Diagnostic II

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Update on this as I didn't post the solution (just in case someone come with the same error).
As expected the faulty parts were two (baro) sensors next to the catalyzer, they changed... problem solved.

Drk_knight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Junior
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 gt pp1
Update on this as I didn't post the solution (just in case someone come with the same error).
As expected the faulty parts were two (baro) sensors next to the catalyzer, they changed... problem solved.
Hey Iā€™m getting the same code do you have a picture of what was replaced?

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Hey Iā€™m getting the same code do you have a picture of what was replaced?
Sorry, no pictures, they just told me that two sensors were replaced and that's it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Next to the cats(catalytic converter)?
That's what they said... while I Initially believed it was the baro sensor inside the engine bay, but they said those two sensors were next to the cat.

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
P2227 error come up again.
This is a never ending story... I'm spending too much time at the dealer with periodic issues of any kind, something I never experienced with any of my previous cars.
I honestly dunno what to do at this point, it's a while for the warranty to expire, but at that point if the rate of issues will continue like this, it's gonna sink my wallet: in just 1 year the parts changed/repaired (under warranty) are up to half of the cost of the car (including a whole engine).
And it's not finished, coz I know they are going to change the Audio Module soon...

Also, the repair isn't exactly free: every time I have to drive to the dealer (that is 40Km away), leave my car, bother someone to get me there and back, find another car to use during the repair (they never have a service vehicle).. it's a nightmare and it's a shame, coz I love my Mustang.

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
P2227 error come up again.
This is a never ending story... I'm spending too much time at the dealer with periodic issues of any kind, something I never experienced with any of my previous cars.
I honestly dunno what to do at this point, it's a while for the warranty to expire, but at that point if the rate of issues will continue like this, it's gonna sink my wallet: in just 1 year the parts changed/repaired (under warranty) are up to half of the cost of the car (including a whole engine).
And it's not finished, coz I know they are going to change the Audio Module soon...

Also, the repair isn't exactly free: every time I have to drive to the dealer (that is 40Km away), leave my car, bother someone to get me there and back, find another car to use during the repair (they never have a service vehicle).. it's a nightmare and it's a shame, coz I love my Mustang.
what kind of audio issues are you experiencing? i have been plagued with them. just had a battery replaced, which dealer said could have been the problem????? dont know about that.

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
what kind of audio issues are you experiencing? i have been plagued with them. just had a battery replaced, which dealer said could have been the problem????? dont know about that.
I reported them in another thread. However I had (I still have after a battery replacement):

- Random noises spikes while using the phone bluetooth;
- Distorted audio;
- Volume audio suddenly reduced by 90%;

My car will return to the dealer (again) for a full inspection (audio issues, misfires, barometric pressure sensor error).. it's a neverending story. Luckily it's all covered by the warranty.

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Some updates: she remained only one day at the shop. While we agreed that it has some major issues with the PCM and Audio Module, Ford (not the dealer itself), decided that it was enough to "reprogram" both the modules... and so they did.
The error disappeared (but it would have disappeared even by resetting the code..), but I'm not (neither the dealer) confident that it won't return again after some KM's. Let's hope for the best.
Sponsored