Sponsored

Stock vs Tuned vs JLT vs PMAS - The Real Dyno Test!

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I must say I'm shocked pmas was lower when u factor in the long tubes. Did no expect the jlt to be better. Thank u for the update
It's actually 3.7 @Terminator2

But he doesnt have that 387/391 combo....he has LT / exhaust now and he states the JLT made more both locked and unlocked timing.

Just clarifying. ;)
Yes but that's odd that it was pulling or not adding 2* of timing on his Pmas runs with the headers which would definitely account for lower readings seen. I was looking at only the intakes added no other variable.
Sponsored

Jay@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang
Details are the JLT had more HP down Low 4-6 until 4000 RPM.
JLT and PMAS were Identical 4000-6500 RPM. After 6500 PMAS gained 4 RWHP.

Next was ARH Full exhaust to include their longtubes.
The PMAS had a best RWHP of 418RWHP without locked timing.
The JLT had a best of 424RWHP. When the timing was locked the PMAS put down only 409RWHP but for some reason saw 2 degrees less timing than the JLT.

At this point I optioned for the JLT. We cooled the car down and made the final pull with the JLT and it put 430RWHP and 397TQ.
Just to be clear

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Not surprised one bit by the results...

There will be more manufacturers that will come forth to claim they have the secret formula and that their intake makes more than brand "J", "P", and "A":D

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
nice work! your final #s were from a lund tune? i think i need some headers, you picked up over 40 wheel from the full arh system! thats awesome!
Yes, we used the Lund tune with all pulls.

Sponsored

ZombieHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red California Special
So what happened on the closed hood, open hood debate? Any info on that?

Sponsored

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impressive thank you.
Thanks!

I was shooting for 430-440hp.... and barely got it!

The next step in the game is an intake.....

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what happened on the closed hood, open hood debate? Any info on that?

We did not close the hood on any pulls. We did them all equal. With a car stationary on the dyno, the hood open is as close as you can get. A car moving would shove more air in the intake than a car sitting still on the dyno, thus more realistic.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I'm glad to see these results. I just hope that from here out these companies will stop proclaiming that they're better than the rest and that they make 20 hp more than the competition...and that these fanboys will stop jumping on bandwagons and making remarks like "PMAS or nothin". JLT has been around making intakes for a long time. They put a lot of R&D into their work. They know a few things about intakes. And for that matter, all the intake companies like Airaid, Steeda, etc put lots of work into their products. No one intake is gonna come along and be superior than the rest.

70GrabberMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 351c 4speed Mach1
We did not close the hood on any pulls. We did them all equal. With a car stationary on the dyno, the hood open is as close as you can get. A car moving would shove more air in the intake than a car sitting still on the dyno, thus more realistic.
.... Math? Purely wondered on how you arrived at that conclusion? I thought the original argument was the Open/Closed debate. I accept the results on the open hood, just wondered why the original idea was scrapped. All in all, glad that the results finally showed that the difference is negligible.

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wouldn't that put the OEM box at a complete disadvantage?
Sponsored