Sponsored

Stock Tune

JohnnyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
If you have a tune and reset it back to the stock tune does it clear out all the code logs that you might of had etc?
Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Such as whether it's been tuned or not? Or the logs in your tuner?

OP
OP

JohnnyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Such as whether it's been tuned or not? Or the logs in your tuner?
I guess the logs. You replied in my other thread about the cel. I had a tune and the cel flashed for 30 seconds so the next day I put it back to stock and brought the car in and they couldn't find anything wrong or logs that it even came on

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you return it to stock it does clear any codes/KAM. Atleast it did on my '13.

It should flash really quickly as it finishes "Clearing DTC's/KAM"

OP
OP

JohnnyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Shit so that's prolly why they couldn't find anything wrong. Is there any way for them to check the engine and see if it is bad misfires without having to see the code?

Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean you can ask them to. Entirely up to them and you really haha. Or you can wait for it to happen again/see if it still happens on stock tune.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Shit so that's prolly why they couldn't find anything wrong. Is there any way for them to check the engine and see if it is bad misfires without having to see the code?
If it continues to missfire then it will set new codes regardless of what you have done to the old ones.

If it doesn't, then it's not misfiring. Unfortunately you can't go back and see if it misfired a while ago.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yes, it does.

Why didn't you read the codes with your tuner?

What tune? What tuner? What was the car doing?

OP
OP

JohnnyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Yes, it does.

Why didn't you read the codes with your tuner?

What tune? What tuner? What was the car doing?
I wasn't thinking straight. I got home like 1 am after seeing the CEL flash with less than 50 miles till warranty expire. So when I woke up I put it back to stock and brought it to dealer. Honestly I'm totally new to all this and didn't know that it wold clear the logs or that I can even check it with my SCT tuner device

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
What was the car doing??

Sponsored
OP
OP

JohnnyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
What was the car doing??
I was going like 60 then decided to push her a bit and floored it and it got up to like 80 then the CEL started flashing for like 30 seconds. I don't think it went faster than 80. It scared the shit out of me so I took my foot of the gas and it dropped down back to 60 again and went away. I decided to just drive her back home slowly after that.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
Correct me if I'm wrong but when the CEL is flashing and not solid that means you have an immediate/potentially serious problem and you should pull over right away. If it's solid and not flashing it could be nothing to important.

My gf's 01 jetta was missfiring on every combustion stroke, engine was shaking violently and flashing the CEL, replaced spark plugs and all was good.

Keep your tuner in your glove box like I do in case the car throws a code, you can then pull over read the code, Google the code and then we can all better help you with the more information we have.

I guess my question is was the CEL flashing or solid since we don't have the code number.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
When you return it to stock it does clear any codes/KAM. Atleast it did on my '13.

It should flash really quickly as it finishes "Clearing DTC's/KAM"
+1 Whenever you go back to stock tune with your tuner it clears everything. DTC/KAM. I had to let the car tune to show the problem at Ford and told them that I needed to go pick up something right quick and I'll come back drop it off. (I just went at the corner store to detune my car lol). The problem happened Stock or Tuned but whenever I put it back to stock I had to wait 500miles to get the symptoms back. So, I was f**k it. I'll bring it tuned with the problem and I'll drive with the tech next to me to show them. I just found an excuse for them to don't take it in directly and give me some times to detune it. Turns out I had 3 dead solenoids :headbonk:

OP
OP

JohnnyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Correct me if I'm wrong but when the CEL is flashing and not solid that means you have an immediate/potentially serious problem and you should pull over right away. If it's solid and not flashing it could be nothing to important.

My gf's 01 jetta was missfiring on every combustion stroke, engine was shaking violently and flashing the CEL, replaced spark plugs and all was good.

Keep your tuner in your glove box like I do in case the car throws a code, you can then pull over read the code, Google the code and then we can all better help you with the more information we have.

I guess my question is was the CEL flashing or solid since we don't have the code number.

I think it was just flashing. Hopefully it's nothing. Thanks for that advice. I was playing with the tuner yesterday to get a better understanding of it and am keeping it in glove box now

OP
OP

JohnnyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
+1 Whenever you go back to stock tune with your tuner it clears everything. DTC/KAM. I had to let the car tune to show the problem at Ford and told them that I needed to go pick up something right quick and I'll come back drop it off. (I just went at the corner store to detune my car lol). The problem happened Stock or Tuned but whenever I put it back to stock I had to wait 500miles to get the symptoms back. So, I was f**k it. I'll bring it tuned with the problem and I'll drive with the tech next to me to show them. I just found an excuse for them to don't take it in directly and give me some times to detune it. Turns out I had 3 dead solenoids :headbonk:

I like how you played that off that was really slick. I didn't know detuning it would erase everything. Unfortunately I Just went over my warranty. It was less than 50 left till 36k when I brought it in. Fingers crossed nothing else happens.

I'm thinking it might be the JMS Pedalmax I just added on there bc this is the first time the cel thing happened and I just added on the pedalmax a week ago??
Sponsored