Stock Tune file

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
The stock tune file that has been captured on my sct x4, I do not believe is the actual stock file. The biggest reason why is, my car is a PP1 and the tune file has oil pressure fault/zeroed out analog gauge. So when I tuned with the forcal, I believe it sets up the configuration based upon your stock tune, and stock tune number.

It doesnt make a whole lot of difference to me, I am working with a tuner however, so far the ford tune is far superior, in about every way, so far.

So my plan is to get the proper file, go through the process with sct and with ford, to straighten everything out, so i can have it right.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I mustve seen a squirrel and lost my mind when i posted this.

My local dealer said they didnt have anyone in house to replace or verify a stock tune file.... Theyre an Autonation dealer, and had no idea?

Where might i look to get my file either verified and/or get the proper stock tune file?

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Dealers should have no issues flashing your car to the correct stock file. They won’t be able to look inside your PCM and see if it’s right or not, they will just be able to flash it back to the correct stock file.

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Dealers should have no issues flashing your car to the correct stock file. They won’t be able to look inside your PCM and see if it’s right or not, they will just be able to flash it back to the correct stock file.
When I spoke to the service guy yesterday he was dumbfounded by the question "idk who we have that can flash a pcm"

I'll call the service manager this morning

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Just ask them if they can , will , do a PMI on the PCM . That should return it to stock , latest , factory calibration .

Sponsored

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
When I spoke to the service guy yesterday he was dumbfounded by the question "idk who we have that can flash a pcm"

I'll call the service manager this morning
Odd. When they added my new key on my car yesterday (which I know you know about) the tech said it made him re-flash the PCM to stock.

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Odd. When they added my new key on my car yesterday (which I know you know about) the tech said it made him re-flash the PCM to stock.
I am in the land of incompetence and under skilled lol It's almost a virtue here. This is one of the reasons i do 99% all of my own work, even if I mess something up, I'll straighten it out, and not wait 2 months for an appointment or something ridiculous.

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
I am in the land of incompetence and under skilled lol It's almost a virtue here. This is one of the reasons i do 99% all of my own work, even if I mess something up, I'll straighten it out, and not wait 2 months for an appointment or something ridiculous.
Ask them if they have anybody trained on Ford's IDS software. I'd say you could download it yourself, get the correct OBDII adapter, and run it on a laptop but it seems to require a login.

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Ask them if they have anybody trained on Ford's IDS software. I'd say you could download it yourself, get the correct OBDII adapter, and run it on a laptop but it seems to require a login.
Im all squared away now, and my FPP 3 tune file is NOW my stock file, and adjusted correctly. I Wengerd got everything straightened out, and my tune for my headers handled.
Sponsored