Sponsored

Stock seats suck :(

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Traded my Ecoboost with recaro for a GT with stock seats...the GT I am in love with but the stock seats hurt my back something awful.

I have a bad back normally and the whole time I had the Recaro seats I had no back pain (14,000 miles). 300 miles in with the GT and my back is killing me every time I drive more than 20 min. I have tried adjusting the lumbar and everything I could and nothing works. Anyone else have this issue?

Guess I am dropping $2000+ on some recaro seats soon :(. Anyone need some stock seats?
Sponsored

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
I have stock seats, but I'll take a set of Recaros ;)

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I'm sure the recaros are more supportive, but I think you are the first person I've heard make such a proclamation about the stock seats. The feedback on the stockers is usually quite the opposite.

OP
OP

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure the recaros are more supportive, but I think you are the first person I've heard make such a proclamation about the stock seats. The feedback on the stockers is usually quite the opposite.

Yah no way I could live with these.

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
I'll be the second. Sat in both, and the Recaros are it. Not a bad back - bad neck. New seats DO have adjustable headrests, but still won't go back far enough for me. In my 2011, I've got them turned around bass-ackwards, which makes them totally useless as a safety feature. To each his own though. Went and looked at a Stingray before I ordered the new one. FINE car, but didn't like those seats either. Also thought that falling into them and climbing out of them quite often might be a PITA. I must be a descendant of Goldilocks... it's gotta be JUST right.

That is all...

Sponsored

OP
OP

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock Leather or Stock Cloth? I love my leathers.

Stock cloth.

I should say the seat is fine the back sucks. Lumbar is too high and doesn't support lower back

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
My stock leather I prefer over the recaros love my heated seats lol

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hmm, I love my non Recaro seats. I've sat in the Recaros and they don't seem THAT much more supportive...

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I was not expecting the long-term lumbar comfort provided by the Recaros to be my favorite quality, but it really is. More so than the appropriately stiff lateral support. I'm very picky when it comes to seats and am pretty prone to LBP myself unless it's just right. Never had an issue with these seats... not even once.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well now i just need to find the Recaros as I am gonna spend the money and enjoy my driving again...so much money for comfort but if i am not comfortable i won't be able to enjoy the car

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Stock cloth.

I should say the seat is fine the back sucks. Lumbar is too high and doesn't support lower back
That's my main complaint. The idea of the adjustable lumbar is nice, but it's in the wrong place for me. I would love to have support in my lower back.

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I actually prefer my stock leather over the recaros, but there was no way in hell I was doing the stock cloth. The test drives even as short as they are were uncomfortable

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Yeah they get the job done but are about as comfortable as your grandmother's rickety 30 year old couch.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Huh. I absolutely HATED the Recaros, but then again, I'm a big guy (6'1" 280#, powerlifter). I have the factory cloth seats and they're just right.
Sponsored