Sponsored

Stock and modified 2020 gt500s vs Tesla Plaid

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
i'm no EV homer or even tesla fan, but i sat shotgun in a Plaid tonight and i will say with no hesitation that thing is a freakin' silent missile. i have never been so terrified riding in a car. i couldnt move, i literally felt the skin on my face stretching back. words to describe it are very hard to come by. best analogy is in star trek when picard says "engage" and the USS Enterprise hits warp speed in .5 seconds. i exited with my tail between my bum.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
A GT500 with extensive mods and making 1000+ HP to the wheels and with a voided warranty will get molly-whopped by a stock 4 door full warranty Tesla. I can see why some people are a bit agitated. Talking from a pure performance perspective, no hate, it's easy to see that gas powered vehicles just can't hang. Even on a dragstrip with all conditions at their optimal, gas powered vehicles can't hang. So what happens light to light when you obviously can't do a massive burnout or drop it at 4K and you're next to some mug with his entire family in a Tesla? Prolly best to just back down at that point. SMH. Never thought I'd see the day I'd prefer an electric vehicle over a supercharged V8.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
In a straight line. Let's go to a road course and see you is still standing at the end of the day.
But it is fast as hell in the 1/4 mile. I wonder what a mile would look like.
What is the tesla's range when used flat out. 40 miles

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can refuel in under 14 seconds
You won't be able to when there's no more gas stations. Or maybe the solution will be to just not run your car bone dry. How often do you drive your car until it's completely dry?

Electric cars do have a quick charge option. And soon there will possibly be stations where you can swap out your fully or partially depleted cell for a completely charged cell. The future will bring many advantages. And since there's no going back, gas cars are being deleted, I don't see the point in these petty squabbles. How fast you can refuel is not going to change the direction of things.

And it takes more than 14 second to fill a tank.

2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
Ight this is getting off topic. The plaid can blast the doors off of any street car in a straight line at this moment. Take it to a track and it’ll be worse than a Toyota Corolla. The plaid is basically like the new demon, just faster. Very ugly, 1/4 mile killer.

Let’s not make it a “is EV the future or not” discussion because no one knows yet. Corn juice will always be around so there won’t be any cars sitting without the ability to run.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ight this is getting off topic. The plaid can blast the doors off of any street car in a straight line at this moment. Take it to a track and it’ll be worse than a Toyota Corolla. The plaid is basically like the new demon, just faster. Very ugly, 1/4 mile killer.

Let’s not make it a “is EV the future or not” discussion because no one knows yet. Corn juice will always be around so there won’t be any cars sitting without the ability to run.
It won't matter if corn juice is available if it becomes illegal to operate gas vehicles. Or if you can't source it conveniently at a reasonable price. Or when gas vehicles are out of production and your gas powered car is 15 years old. It is foolish to not realize the electric cars are the future or to pretend they aren't. And for the record electric cars will eventually become lighter and will handle better. I haven't seen them on a track but I doubt they're as bad as you're making them out to be. But it's still not like everyone goes to the track anyway. It just seems like a petty way to dig for some fault with them. Ugly, heavy, no soul, boring, these are all just cheap shots. The thing is blazing fast. It beat a GT500 that has 1000+ horsepower to the tires on the GT500's turf. That feat alone says a lot.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
You seriously can’t be this shortsighted or naive. The only benefit to an electric vehicle for anyone is in an urban area to and from work. Get out of a city and there useless. And don’t give me the bs about charging stations. I have numerous friends here and in southern ca that have ev’s. How many take them on road trips? Zero. They all do less then 50 miles a day. Point me to an ev I can use every day, my daily is F550 that weighs 12.5klbs and tows 18-20k regularly. Battery technology isn’t making leaps and bound jumps. Take a lithium tool battery out in the cold and watch how bad it drops off. Ev’s are no where near, nor will they be for decades if ever, to handle what is needed in the real world to replace what the combustion engine can do and does. And you absolutely can fuel a vehicle in less then 14 seconds. Not that that is necessary for most. The Tesla is really cool for what it is, especially the Black. But so are a lot of appliances.

It won't matter if corn juice is available if it becomes illegal to operate gas vehicles. Or if you can't source it conveniently at a reasonable price. Or when gas vehicles are out of production and your gas powered car is 15 years old. It is foolish to not realize the electric cars are the future or to pretend they aren't. And for the record electric cars will eventually become lighter and will handle better. I haven't seen them on a track but I doubt they're as bad as you're making them out to be. But it's still not like everyone goes to the track anyway. It just seems like a petty way to dig for some fault with them. Ugly, heavy, no soul, boring, these are all just cheap shots. The thing is blazing fast. It beat a GT500 that has 1000+ horsepower to the tires on the GT500's turf. That feat alone says a lot.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You seriously can’t be this shortsighted or naive. The only benefit to an electric vehicle for anyone is in an urban area to and from work. Get out of a city and there useless. And don’t give me the bs about charging stations. I have numerous friends here and in southern ca that have ev’s. How many take them on road trips? Zero. They all do less then 50 miles a day. Point me to an ev I can use every day, my daily is F550 that weighs 12.5klbs and tows 18-20k regularly. Battery technology isn’t making leaps and bound jumps. Take a lithium tool battery out in the cold and watch how bad it drops off. Ev’s are no where near, nor will they be for decades if ever, to handle what is needed in the real world to replace what the combustion engine can do and does. And you absolutely can fuel a vehicle in less then 14 seconds. Not that that is necessary for most. The Tesla is really cool for what it is, especially the Black. But so are a lot of appliances.
Write that all down in a letter and send it to the ones moving forward with electric cars. See how far that gets you. Five years tops. In 5 years no auto maker will be producing gas powered vehicles. And trust me, they couldn't care less about your friends. So save your breath. Nothing is going to change the direction we're headed in. Nothing.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
MPH was pretty similar though the Plaid mph'd better when it had more charge (150 mph), but dropped to 148 mph against the higher powered GT500 as the Tesla's battery lost charge. The GT500 also trapped 148 mph in one of the races.

That Plaid is darn quick - pulling away from a 1000+ rwhp GT500. Yikes.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Sorry, your special.

Write that all down in a letter and send it to the ones moving forward with electric cars. See how far that gets you. Five years tops. In 5 years no auto maker will be producing gas powered vehicles. And trust me, they couldn't care less about your friends. So save your breath. Nothing is going to change the direction we're headed in. Nothing.
Sponsored