Sponsored

Stock 18+ Ported manifold results?

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
Damn, $200 shipped! Not bad. May do that. Is that shipping both ways??

I presume that's return shipping, Sending it out there 3 day FEDEX can't be much than $20, I shipped a set of golf clubs for $32 a couple months back..

Here is one guys opinion on the ported manifolds:
No there aren't going to be massive gains from porting, but they are cumulative ...

People wanting ported intakes seems to be carrying over from the early CJ's guys where those things had some real airway obstructions after cleaning them up by hand, they picked up 10-15hp, not bad for $10 worth of sandpaper drums.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
That guy sounds like a pleasant person to be around.

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
Air Flow Solutions is the best out there, for porting intakes.

Sponsored

jsprek01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Performance Pack
I love haters, love even more someone who knows nothing about air flow and fluid dynamics. It's not just about making a port bigger... it's about smoothing the blow of air producing les turbulence throughout the intake flow. Hayes just going to hate. Dynos dont lie.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I love haters, love even more someone who knows nothing about air flow and fluid dynamics. It's not just about making a port bigger... it's about smoothing the blow of air producing les turbulence throughout the intake flow. Hayes just going to hate. Dynos dont lie.
Well the other aspect is that some of the way an intake system is designed, intentionally creates turbulent flow to improve swirl at low engine speeds, improving combustion and torque.

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
One thing that makes me question these ported manifolds is I have yet to see any of them polished. Where the non port ones are, so what does that do with air flow? Anyone have some bench flow tests?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
One thing that makes me question these ported manifolds is I have yet to see any of them polished. Where the non port ones are, so what does that do with air flow? Anyone have some bench flow tests?
You don't polish a plastic intake manifold. Polishing is for metal.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Things like surface tension and boundary layer are the magic to porting and roughing of the port tract. If any of you were to see first hand how Brett Barber surface textures the 5 axis CNC taper bore of the OEM Throttle Body you'll begin to appreciate how he manages to extract 275 additional CFM without altering the aperture.
This is kinda like the science behind the dimples on a golf ball.

Last edited:

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You don't polish a plastic intake manifold. Polishing is for metal.
Okay so polished is the wrong wording, what I mean is, the ported manifolds texture looks rough compared to the smooth finish of a non ported one from the ported ones that I see online
Sponsored