lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
17GT, 30k mi. stock suspension

I have a creaking noise that happens when the car loads and unloads left to right. The sound comes from the right rear.

It never happens if the car goes over a bump straight (like a neighborhood speed bump)

I also can't recreate it by pushing down directly on the right rear and bouncing the car as much as I can.

I'm going to be replacing IRS parts with KellTrac's S550 Mustang IRS Bushing Upgrade Kit, Level 1 (kelltrac.com) kit soon, and I figured I'd like to get this figured out and fixed at the same time.

Any ideas to help me pinpoint it?
Sponsored

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
mine just started doing the same thing....and I mean just started. I will crawl under it this weekend. Please post if you figure it out.

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Mine was the knuckle to toe-link bearing on the passenger rear. I would start there.
Ford part # M-5A460-M

OP
OP

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
That doesn't look too bad! and it looks like it's an upgrade in bearing type as well.

Do we need to grease these anywhere to keep them from squeaking? I've heard that can be an issue with delrin.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I finally found time to try and find the source of the squeaking and found this. Part number is JR3W-4A263-EA and I understand it is called Differential Carrier Mount. I guess it is supposed dampen vibration. Anyway, mine kinda flops around. Anyone have any experience with this thing? Does is interfere with installation of a differential bushing kit? I suspect it will have to go.

JR3W-4A263-EA.JPG

OP
OP

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
whoa, that's floppy! I'll check that out as well.

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I am not sure if this is the cause of the noise, but I found passenger LCA bushing torn and the driver side differential starting to split at the 12 o'clock. The dealership is booked up until Oct 9th!!!

Driver Side Diff. Bushing.jpg

Pass. Side LCA Bushing.jpg

OP
OP

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
That doesn't look too bad! and it looks like it's an upgrade in bearing type as well.

Do we need to grease these anywhere to keep them from squeaking? I've heard that can be an issue with delrin.
nevermind on this, the instruction pdf says how to get it handled with loctite.
Sponsored