STFT/LTFT issues.

VegasEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Howdy all! I seem to be having a bit of an issue with my 2015 ebm. I always suspected my car was down on power. Recently I picked up a Cobb tuner and confirmed my low side fuel pressure sensor was reading a big fat 0 at all times. Figured I’d replace that and get some power back, simple, right? No so much. After replacement I noticed my stft and ltft are both wayyyyyy outta whack.

I’m still getting stft adjustments of +/-28% and ltft adjustments of +/-18%. I’m on my stock map and still seeing that much adjustment. My mods are a drop in filter and CVFab catted downpipe. Ugh, and I’m still getting down into the 10’s on the AFR gauge. I also just threw in a set of the NGK 6510’s gapped at .026. So fresh plugs, known good top tier fuel (91 because Nevada), even tossed in a few gallons of 100 octane unleaded race fuel and still no difference.

Where do I go from here? Cause I’m ready to trade this car in. With the mods, it still feels slower than my stock 2013 Mazdaspeed3. Even with a 1.8 60’ my best 0-60 was 5.7s, and 1/4 mile of 14.7@92. Woof. My previous 2014 Caddy ATS went 14.20@97 stock. I thought I was gonna go faster with the Mustang...
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It’s your downpipe, if you are in stock tune (ford stock tune) the downpipe is your issue

I recently went back to oem from catted dp, I was having 12-20% trimming

now, it’s like 0-2% in either one or other or combined

I’m happier with this now.
Also, your gaps are supposed to be 0.028. Not 0.026, Atleast that’s oem spec

idk why you’d run colder plugs, gapped at 0.026 on stock tune myself.

put regular heat plugs gapped @ 0.028

catted downpipe is meant for stage3. Get an intercooler so you can run it and put oem plugs oem heat @ 0.028

cobb tunes ( ota ) are designed with stock plugs/heat

krack999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Yeah, also, these cars pull power on startup. You have to wait until the oil temperature is in the green. Otherwise, it limits the power. It bothered me for awhile until I discovered this. Also, it really is sensitive to higher charge temps. You really do need a better intercooler. I've discovered the stock plugs really are fine for stage 2/FRPP tune and below. Do carefully check the gap. Earlier plugs with Valencia motors supposedly had inconsistent gaps.

I'm with you though, this platform had really inconsistent power and it always bothered me. There are a lot of "nannies" it seems that Ford put into it. I don't blame them, there is a lot of boost in this motor from the factory. However, the maintenance is really cheap, resale is modest, and the gas mileage is honestly really good. Its a cheap car to modify. I still would take one over a GT because it just feels way more nimble on the road.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, also, these cars pull power on startup. You have to wait until the oil temperature is in the green. Otherwise, it limits the power. It bothered me for awhile until I discovered this. Also, it really is sensitive to higher charge temps. You really do need a better intercooler. I've discovered the stock plugs really are fine for stage 2/FRPP tune and below. Do carefully check the gap. Earlier plugs with Valencia motors supposedly had inconsistent gaps.

I'm with you though, this platform had really inconsistent power and it always bothered me. There are a lot of "nannies" it seems that Ford put into it. I don't blame them, there is a lot of boost in this motor from the factory. However, the maintenance is really cheap, resale is modest, and the gas mileage is honestly really good. Its a cheap car to modify. I still would take one over a GT because it just feels way more nimble on the road.
not a bad thing imo. I drive mine for a good while before I give it real hard throttle, unless I was in danger way. I keep the temp gauge up as default, dont care about anything else
Sponsored