Tune+ Issues

Blk182atn7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium MT
It’s funny because I have had nothing but good service from Tune +. Adam and his team went out of their way to get me new plugs when I found an issue. They even brought me swag personally when they came to SEMA. While I’ll agree he is short, and almost always cryptic in he responding. I have asked direct questions and got a direct response.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ryan_meadows412

ryan_meadows412

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost
Just a bit of food for thought.
Right now I'm currently on the FP Tune but have been following this platform for a while and just want to throw my two cents on the Tune+ tunes and the whole "Blowing the most engines".

This was happening on the 15's and 16's a lot but I don't like that a large part of this was due to the tunes.
I believe this was more hardware i.e. original designed low side fuel pressure sensor and the EVAP purge solenoid being fault form the factory and have since been redesigned (however this can still come even on the 2018 so these should be checked).
He was the one to figure this out and has answered this on his FAQ portion on his website "https://adamtuned.myshopify.com/pages/faq" and has a lengthy FB group thread talking about this. he also has tuned an RS that competes in the optima street challenge. Also they have been people to leave and come back to tune+ and be happy about this return (this can be reference by the youtube channel "Watch My Eco" where he went from tune+ to PD and back to Tune+.

Both Tune+ and PD are pretty much the go to people and the amount on knowledge that has been found out since the release of the 2.3 has pretty much made tuning these engines more "safe". Either way its just finding a tuner that is the right fit for you.
Yeah Adam and I talked it out. All seems good now but apparently these posts caused some issues for him. I didnt realize there was so much drama in the mustang community. God damn. I'm working on deleting this thread now if possible cause I'm not trying to cause more issues for him..

mrbill00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 eco
turbotiger
Feels better to you,that's cool, any real world data, any time slips or dyno info.....

Deleted member

turbotiger
Feels better to you,that's cool, any real world data, any time slips or dyno info.....
Look man I'm not gonna get all ticky tacky with you and turn this into a D**K measuring contest. Why is it that when someone explains a better experience from one product vs another, there's always someone that has to say "slips or it didn't happen"?

I drive my car over 120 miles a day round trip commute, I can tell a difference in my car in all the areas i listed and I don't need a dyno slip to tell me that MY car runs better with the PD tune. What would I possibly have to gain from blowing smoke about my experience with PD vs Tune+, oh wait i forgot PD Tuning is paying me tons of money to bash on Tune+ :cwl:.

Deleted member

Yeah Adam and I talked it out. All seems good now but apparently these posts caused some issues for him. I didnt realize there was so much drama in the mustang community. God damn. I'm working on deleting this thread now if possible cause I'm not trying to cause more issues for him..
I wish no ill will on the guy, but that's because he gave people a reason for posts like this to give him trouble. Don't be a a-hole and karma won't come back to bite you in the butt.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Really a 20 post threat made waves? Lol well that's interesting.

mrbill00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 eco
It's your opinion not validated with anything. I'd bet they're really close in performance..... like maybe 10th's of seconds, miles would be a second and none of the good tuners that far apart.
There's nothing wrong with PD or Tune + just a preference in management which is personal and not to work into a bashing fest every time someone mentions a man named Adam. Bandwagon remember

I've got an ETS intercooler on a 93 tune (Mar 2017). Car runs 13.06 at 106, and i'm still on the beginner tune. Pretty damn impressive for a 2.3 regardless who did the tune ..
To All:
Remember what grandma told you....If you can't say something nice about somebody don't say anything.

Sorry if I ranted....i'm just watching this happen over and over on this site.
b

Deleted member

It's your opinion not validated with anything. I'd bet they're really close in performance..... like maybe 10th's of seconds, miles would be a second and none of the good tuners that far apart.
There's nothing wrong with PD or Tune + just a preference in management which is personal and not to work into a bashing fest every time someone mentions a man named Adam. Bandwagon remember

I've got an ETS intercooler on a 93 tune (Mar 2017). Car runs 13.06 at 106, and i'm still on the beginner tune. Pretty damn impressive for a 2.3 regardless who did the tune ..
To All:
Remember what grandma told you....If you can't say something nice about somebody don't say anything.

Sorry if I ranted....i'm just watching this happen over and over on this site.
b
Please explain to me how its not validated? Because I don't have numbers on paper? When someone asks you an opinion, and you give them your opinion based on personal experience, how is that not valid. The OP never stated please show me dyno sheets/time slips, he asked for others opinions which is ya know how a Forum works. People sharing info and opinions.

Also i never once stated that it runs half a second quicker in the 1/4 or picked up 30 more hp. I said it pulls better to redline, drive ability under normal throttle is better, and the throttle response is smoother. Please explain to me why i need numbers on paper to validate my own personal opinion on my own personal car.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
I used to be Lund tuned and the shifts were hard and made normal driving suck, moved to Tune+ (and stock transmission tuning) and its way better from that alone, let alone more power.

I also track my car, but thats a couple of times a year vs basically every day driving it normally.

Adam does give me short answers to questions, but he's always answered my questions, and has helped me with a few problems along the way. Haven't ever used PD so cant compare there though. He probably just needs a lacky who knows the answers to all the common Ecoboost issues to answer those questions and leave the tuning itself to Adam, but then agian that costs him money.

OP
OP
ryan_meadows412

ryan_meadows412

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost
I used to be Lund tuned and the shifts were hard and made normal driving suck, moved to Tune+ (and stock transmission tuning) and its way better from that alone, let alone more power.

I also track my car, but thats a couple of times a year vs basically every day driving it normally.

Adam does give me short answers to questions, but he's always answered my questions, and has helped me with a few problems along the way. Haven't ever used PD so cant compare there though. He probably just needs a lacky who knows the answers to all the common Ecoboost issues to answer those questions and leave the tuning itself to Adam, but then agian that costs him money.
Yeah, I think that would be good for him. I really wanted my tune from him. Didnt know this would create so many issues. Was literally just looking for some other people's opinions.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ryan_meadows412

ryan_meadows412

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost
Really a 20 post threat made waves? Lol well that's interesting.
And yeah, definitely made some waves. It sucks though cause I wasnt intending to sound like an ass either. I thought the OP was pretty simple and respectful.. A lot of people who have issues come to these threads and see what others think.. that's how this works.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
This is today's world, (some) People seem to live in the moment now, their faces glued to smart screens, believing every word they want to believe, and not believing the truth because it isn't what they believe. So yes, what you say on the Net makes a lot of difference to a business that relies on customers from social media. One belly ache with a gripe can cost a business thousands of dollars, whether the gripe is legit or not.
So now you have a thread people will be reading for years when they put in a search for "Tunes +". They will read the first 10 or 15 posts and see all of the bashing of Adam, never getting to the end of the story where you are happy.
Sucks for Adam, or anyone else in his situation.

Deleted member

This is today's world, (some) People seem to live in the moment now, their faces glued to smart screens, believing every word they want to believe, and not believing the truth because it isn't what they believe. So yes, what you say on the Net makes a lot of difference to a business that relies on customers from social media. One belly ache with a gripe can cost a business thousands of dollars, whether the gripe is legit or not.
So now you have a thread people will be reading for years when they put in a search for "Tunes +". They will read the first 10 or 15 posts and see all of the bashing of Adam, never getting to the end of the story where you are happy.
Sucks for Adam, or anyone else in his situation.
Again people aren't bashing for no reason, he gave plenty of customers a reason to be ticked off at him. If you as a business owner are gonna give people a reason not to like you, then you're just asking for threads like this to happen in today's day and age.

Even more so when the main part of his business isn't a physical product (custom tunes), the customer service aspect is going to be that much more important because of that one on one interaction with the customer. If you by a physical product from a vendor (tires,wheels,exhaust etc.) a customer is way more likely to not give a s**t about customer service and just say "cool I've got my part I'm good". Where in this case you are relying on someone (Adam) to take care of you and your car, you're gonna want better customer service for your money. IMO this is the nature of the business he decided to get into.

OlTexastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VB GT PP1
@ryan_meadows412 like everything else on the internet you have to wade through the BS and make your own decision, one thing that is another plus is Adam is just up the road from us so he is accessible if you need any hands on help. I’d rather deal with someone who is direct and to the point and is also located close to me, like I told you before he will be doing my tune, I know several people running his tunes for quite awhile and have had no issues and have told me Adam is Adam if you can live with that then he is your man if not move on. I won’t be butt hurt if my tuner doesn’t carry on lengthy conversations with me like we are old buddies. His tunes are good and he answers your questions in a timely manner what else do you need.

MadKaw

Meat Puppet
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brand-X
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt Highland Green
Have had his tune in my car since 2015... it's been great and I've had no problems...60k miles on his tune, and will be updating it soon when I get my intercooler.

Thanks Adam
Sponsored