Sponsored

Steeda's Race Car Development - Build Thread

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
will you be posting said alignment specs? And a video showing you 'clocking the bushings'? :)
I will get the alignment specs. I will put your request in for a video on torquing your suspension points at curb.
Thank you,
Steeda Tech
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Sweet! I'm sorry I haven't been a very good customer this year. :)
Thank you! Steeda appreciates your support! Just reach out to our team if you need anything.
Steeda Tech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I will get the alignment specs. I will put your request in for a video on torquing your suspension points at curb.
Thank you,
Steeda Tech
3.5 neg camber front 1.8 neg camber rear 1/32 toe.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
3.5 neg camber front
wow. How was this achieved using your commercial products? Camber bolts in conjunction with the camber plates and large ID cut into the strut mount?

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
TJ

Any rule of thumb for number of washers needed with your bumpsteer kit for each say 1" of drop?

I would like to get close and dial in when I have time to bumpsteer the car

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
wow. How was this achieved using your commercial products? Camber bolts in conjunction with the camber plates and large ID cut into the strut mount?
Steeda camber plates and cut opening at strut mount! Camber bolts will slip under severe duty and racing conditions.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Pic from our HPDE red 2018
2018 bumpsteer.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Pic from our HPDE red 2018
Can you clarify this part of the written instructions since the video shows no such step, indeed the inner rod's jamb nut was backed off haphazardly for starters and furthermore was not advanced 3/16" as called out below.
4. Hold the inner tie-rod with a wrench to prevent it from spinning and unscrew the outer tie-rod until it comes completely off. Measure the distance from the mating surface of the nut to the end of the inner tie-rod. Unscrew the nut on the inner tie-rod until the distance to the end has been reduced by 3/16”.
5. Thread the aluminum collar of the bumpsteer kit onto the inner tie-rod until it contacts the jam nut. Thread the steel rod-end (with jam nut) into the aluminum collar until the whole assembly matches the length of the original outer tie-rod that you removed earlier. Make sure the rod-end is threaded completely into the aluminum collar. Tighten the jam nuts
from https://www.steeda.com/assets/images/Instructions/555-8133_555-8134-installation-instructions.pdf vs what the video shows.

What I think you meant to say was to measure from a fixed location (ed. I don't see anything useful) along the inner tie rod to the center-line of the original 1-piece outer, and to match that distance with the new 2-piece aluminum+rod end while maximizing thread engagement of the rod-end and also the aluminum over the inner tie rod.

Since the original 1-piece outer tie-rod is constant, why wouldn't the bump steer kit come assembled with it already set to that length? And all that was left to do was to unlock the jamb nut on the inner tie rod, thread it back up against the outer, and then spin the outer off? At least that would be fairly repeatable. No?

Last edited:

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Can you clarify this part of the written instructions since the video shows no such step, indeed the inner rod's jamb nut was backed off haphazardly for starters and furthermore was not advanced 3/16" as called out below.

from https://www.steeda.com/assets/images/Instructions/555-8133_555-8134-installation-instructions.pdf vs what the video shows.

What I think you meant to say was to measure from a fixed location (ed. I don't see anything useful) along the inner tie rod to the center-line of the original 1-piece outer, and to match that distance with the new 2-piece aluminum+tie rod while maximizing thread engagement of the rod-end and also the aluminum over the inner tie rod.

Since the original 1-piece outer rod-end is constant, why wouldn't the bump steer kit come assembled with it already set to that length? And all that was left to do was to unlock the jamb nut on the inner tie rod, thread it back up against the outer, and then spin the outer off? At least that would be fairly repeatable. No?
I will send your comments to our alignment team.
Thank you,
Steeda Tech

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I figured i would share some pics from last weekends event. #20 Car lost a clutch taking the trans with it on the second lap during practice.

IMG_1047.jpg
IMG_1046.jpg

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Update, the pressure plate and disk blew apart taking the trans with it. We will be updating to a McLeod dual disk clutch and MT82 gen three trans. Will update on the progress.

6333825m-1.jpg

Last edited:

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
New transmission for the 20 car. We will being doing a upgrade to 2018 plus video.

Gen 3 MT-82_739.jpg
Gen 3 MT-82_760.jpg

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome news!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hi TJ,

I'm reading this build list:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-20-race-car

Could you clarify this is the latest list or you have some more steeda goodies on the car ?

Also based on some latest photos I'm assuming you run MCS RR2 coilovers on the car now ? What are the spring rates you are running ?
Sponsored